HR10-250 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rustolemite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Pineville, LA
I don't have a land line at home only use cel ... Im using a Hughes HD receiver now but was thinking about the HD Tivo upgrade but will the Tivo stop recording if there is no phone line plugged in?

That is true. My brother is in the same spot. He ordered the TiVo anyway, played dumb on why his phone didn't work and took the box to my dad's place to actiavte it. No problems since, other than nag screens, which were eliminating this weekend with 4.0+HMO. He has a DVR-80 not an HR10-250.

I know this question is probably not for this forum but here it is ... im sharing my brothers package we just split the cost ($119 per month) since everyone may frown on the "sharing or mirroring" of service this question may not be answered, but I want to upgrade my recv. from a HD to a HD/Tivo recv. but of course i cant plug in my phone line for the Directv ... but since there is only one phone jack on the HD/Tivo recv. im sure it calls both D & Tivo ... if i use the Network/Wireless for the Tivo would it still be able to contact Directv ???

rustolemite said:
I know this question is probably not for this forum but here it is ... im sharing my brothers package we just split the cost ($119 per month) since everyone may frown on the "sharing or mirroring" of service this question may not be answered, but I want to upgrade my recv. from a HD to a HD/Tivo recv. but of course i cant plug in my phone line for the Directv ... but since there is only one phone jack on the HD/Tivo recv. im sure it calls both D & Tivo ... if i use the Network/Wireless for the Tivo would it still be able to contact Directv ???

Calls with the USB ports (wired or wireless) are not supported on any D*tivo. There are hacks however to enable them, but it will not be able to contact D* that way. Also I was thinking about buying a HR10-250, but with the announcement of D*'s new Dvrs and moving HD to Mpeg4 I'm holding off.

I didnt read those press releases when are those going to be available ? has there been a price on them yet ?? seeing as how the cheapest i can get the HR10-250 is $875 to 900 ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts