Hr10 - Hr20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
Anybody actually get a HR20 free ? Reason I'm asking is when I first got my free HR10-250 in July 06 I've had multiple retention rep's tell me they will swap it out for freewhen the new HR20's are available. I'm thinking of getting one and moving the HR10 to the bedroom if I can get a HR20 for the living room for a cheap (free?) price. I thought I remember on other threads that others were told the same thing ??? If not I guess I'll wait cause I really like my HR10. ( just wish the guide wasnt so slow ):cool:

johnml said:
Anybody actually get a HR20 free ? Reason I'm asking is when I first got my free HR10-250 in July 06 I've had multiple retention rep's tell me they will swap it out for freewhen the new HR20's are available. I'm thinking of getting one and moving the HR10 to the bedroom if I can get a HR20 for the living room for a cheap (free?) price. I thought I remember on other threads that others were told the same thing ??? If not I guess I'll wait cause I really like my HR10. ( just wish the guide wasnt so slow ):cool:

I have seen a few posts where a free HR20 was claimed. Most seem to be $19.95, which covers s & h. Some are for the full lease price of $299, others a bit less. Call up retention and ask. Couldn't hurt, could it?

I spoke to retention shortly after people started claiming they got it for free. I figured I could use that $299 elsewhere.

The CSR said that these things go by account but she didn't see any literature anywhere on that being it was brand new.

What was awesome was she gave me some comps to make up for the $299. Didn't ask, didn't even hint. Was quite awesome.

Is a BIG reason I moved from E* to D. Customer service is heads above Echostar. To bad tech support isn't. :(

Brad

My best offer so far was $99 to swap out my HR10 for the HR20. Still considering it.

Ted

I was able to swap them out via retention, however, I did have to front the $99 X 2 but they gave me credit towards my account. I did have to call back a few times and explain that I have been a customer for a long time and even thre in my 5 hearts... Just have to keep trying until you get what you want.

Can I get an HR20-700 and keep my HR10-250 for a future HD TV?

What should I expect to pay?

Any programming offers?

I've been with "D" for about 4 years. This is what I currently have:

Total choice plus, HBO, East and west networks, and HD package
HR10-250
(2) DVR40 Tivo units

Thanks,
Scott

johnml said:

Hey Johnmi, I posted this a few days ago........, I was told the same thing you were told.............

Hr20-700

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got off the phone w/D* concerning the $99 charge for this unit. After being swithed several time, I finally got a lovely lady who listened to my story about the offer that was made to me when I signed up for NFLST and got the HR10-250 free with the promise of a "free" swap of the HR10-250 when the HR20-700 was released. After convincing her that I was not interested in the NFLST offer when I originally called for the HR20, but was informed that if I take the NFLST offer I would be able to switch boxes when the new came out.

SHE PUT ME ON HOLD FOR 2 MINUTES.............,

$99 fee waived
no shipping & handling costs.

Installation on 9/21

Recently, has anyone had a defective 10-250 and tried to get it replaced? Did you get back the HR10-250 or the HR20-700?

Free

I got the HR20 for free. Before I initially got the HR10, I was assured by a DTV rep that it would get HD locals. I kept her name just incase. When the HR10 was installed, no Local HD's. I called to complain that day. After getting disconnected 3 times I finally got a supervisor, who told me once the HR10 was activated I could not return it or get a refund. I paid for the HR10 with my AMEX, so I told the supervisor I was going to file a claim with AMEX not to pay the bill. I also told her the name of the support person that told me I'd get HD locals. After I told her all this she told me I'd get the HR20 for free. My account was noted, and last week DTV came to my house installed the 5LNB dish and the HR20 for no charge.

If I understand this correct, if I sign up for sunday ticket I can get the HR20-700 for free?

Are there any other program discounts?

I just talked to retention. I own my HR10 and was told it was going to cost me $99 to get the HR20 and I asked if that meant I would then own or lease the HR20. After a couple minutes she came back and said I would own it. Either case, they said the technician would take my HR10. I want to keep it and use it instead of an R15 so I guess I'll have to try calling some other time, especially if these free deals are coming through.

redrocker said:
Recently, has anyone had a defective 10-250 and tried to get it replaced? Did you get back the HR10-250 or the HR20-700?

I had my HR10 replaced for a defective unit about 2 weeks ago and received the HR10. I really want to keep my HR10 (just move it to a bedroom) and get a HR20.

Got a free HR20 after 3 installation cancellations. And this was after the customer retention line swore to me the HR20 wasn't out in my area and I would be getting a free HR10. Two days later the local installer shows up with a HR20. Go figure!

The technician did tell me that all new HD DVR orders will be getting HR20's. I guess that depends on if your local installer has some HR 10's sitting around.

I upgraded from the HR10-250 to the new HR20-700 today and also had the new 5 LNB dish installed. When I called two weeks ago to inquire about the new hardware they offered me a free upgrade. I didn't even pay for shipping. I called back today to complain about the OTA tuner (which I knew beforehand wouldn't work) and they gave me Showtime & HBO free for 6 months, STARZ free for 3 months, the HD package free for 12 months, a $10 credit for 12 months on the Total Choice Plus package, a $10 credit for the Sports package for 12 months, and a $30 credit on my next bill. Even though I had my locals via my OTA tuner on the HR10-250, I feel very well compensated until the patch comes out sometime next month.

I had them offer it to me for free (long time customer, never been told no by customer retention - except if I ask to have something simply shipped to me instead of installed by a tech). But the earliest install date in their system was 7 weeks away. The local office was supposed to call me to schedule a sooner, after 2 "escalations" and no phone call I called a 3rd time to politely complain of no call and I was offered the option of buying it myself at a retail store, I would then get up to a $299 credit and the current order cancelled when I called them to activate. I ordered one from Value Electronics last night!

I got mine installed Saturday for free. D* also ran another cable to my game room so I could move my 10-250. All free. (including wall fish)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)