HR20-700 CE Software Release CE0716 Coming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Make sure to use on screen reboot as recommended versus pulling plug or red button reset. You can find it here in menu.

Menu->Setup->Reset->Restart (the first option)

Earls latest update has the chances of this happening at 65%, used to be 50%. If it doesn't happen this weekend there will be a bunch of disappointed folks out there.

Make sure to use on screen reboot as recommended versus pulling plug or red button reset. You can find it here in menu.

Menu->Setup->Reset->Restart (the first option)

Brewer,
When was this method advised ?
I have never done a download this way, I have always done the red button and the code ... will this not work ?

If you do the Menu- Set Up- Reset- Restart, do you lose your current settings and or recodings ?

I always thought that , that way was to basically start from scratch, obviously I have not done it this way ... yet.

Jimbo

Earl says at http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=88432 to avoid the RBR or pulling the plug if at all possible. He compares it to holding the power button on a PC 5 seconds to get it to shut down. The recommend way to reboot is via the menus and no you don't loose your settings (besides the active weather setup).

Earl says at http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=88432 to avoid the RBR or pulling the plug if at all possible. He compares it to holding the power button on a PC 5 seconds to get it to shut down. The recommend way to reboot is via the menus and no you don't loose your settings (besides the active weather setup).

Thanks Rad,
Is this the way we should always be doing this now ???

Jimbo

Thanks Rad,
Is this the way we should always be doing this now ???

Jimbo

Again, according to Earl, the preferred order is a reset via the menus, then red button then power cord. Since there is a harddrive in there the PC analogy makes sense.

Again, according to Earl, the preferred order is a reset via the menus, then red button then power cord. Since there is a harddrive in there the PC analogy makes sense.

Yes, It does make sense, I just never thought about it that way, it basically is a computer, so ya, sounds right.

You do the Reset Recorder option, I hope !

Here it goes .....
Do you still do the 02468 ?
Opps, the answer to my own question is Yes !!

Jimbo

Setup - Display - Preferences are here. This is where you can make Grid Guide First. Also turn off scrolling. It was only open to edgecutters before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)