HR20-700 upgrade pdf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTV TiVo Dealer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Scarsdale, NY
I just received a pdf technical bulletin for the HR20 software updates. I am sorry that I am not permitted to post it anywhere, but DIRECTV did allow me to list the link from my home page.

Basically, it tells you how to initialize a download and workarounds for two know issues.

-Robert

Upgrade Lately? said:
I see this receiver is off to a great start. Already having software issues...

Sorry, but you are being silly here. Or I have to assume you may not know that ALL CE advanced technology devices have updates and hopefully their manufacturer respond quickly with excellent fixes.

Please don't ever complain about easy to do updates that improve your product. We have plenty more to worry about here, even if we ant to stick on the subject of this very cool MPEG-2/4 HD DVR.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Sorry, but you are being silly here. Or I have to assume you may not know that ALL CE advanced technology devices have updates and hopefully their manufacturer respond quickly with excellent fixes.
I don't know, my HR10 worked great right out of the box with the "d" firmware.

And yes, D* did upgrade my firmware, but all I can tell that the upgrades did was remove my ability to see that they were not sending full rez HD.:(

And whether or not the D* kool-aid keeps you from seeing it, there are some issues with this box. Maybe not as many as with the R15, but it is still not nearly as stable as my TiVo based DVRs. Maybe they will be fixed soon, but IMHO, D* bowed to the pressure from customers and the media to get this box out before the fall season/football started and it wasn't quite ready.

Bug Reports Thread: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=62697

Edit: Added Bug Reports link.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)