HR20 installer in Dallas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbuser

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Can anyone recommend an experienced installer in Dallas who does a good job with HR20 and 5 lnb dish installs? Want to make sure the installer knows what he or she is doing, that the dish is stable, and wiring goes well. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

First off, Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

A good friend of mine is getting an HR20 and the new dish installed today. I will ask him.

Can anyone recommend an experienced installer in Dallas who does a good job with HR20 and 5 lnb dish installs? Want to make sure the installer knows what he or she is doing, that the dish is stable, and wiring goes well. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Mastec is DirecTVs usual DFW installer (doing the installations that are included "free" when you sign up with DirecTV). Like all the installation companies, some of their installers are good and others not. The person from Mastec who installed my 5-lnb dish was excellent, very experienced and did a great install "by the book" including installing the monopoles which are needed for a roof installation.
The installer from Mastec who came along to "install" my HR20 was much less experienced and would not have done a correct installation without my pointing out where he was going wrong (luckily he did not mind this, and said he knew a lot more after the install than he did before).
Most of the DFW A/V installation companies (not the ones contracted by DirecTV) I think do a great job on the basics (like running cables etc) but often are not experts in DirecTV so can make some errors (in areas like multiswitches for example).
My recommendation would be to make yourself as expert as you can beforehand by asking questions on this forum and others. Some of the people who post here know more about DirecTV and installation issues than almost any installer.

I know it's hit or miss on getting installers. That's why I was hoping for a specific person to request when I call retention to arrange the upgrade from the HR10. Whoever does it will have to switch out the dish, add two lines through the attic, and install the (hopefully Zinwell) multiswitch on the video control shelf I just had built in a closet in preparation for the changeout.

Getting the dish mounted and the multiswitch installed correctly are my main concerns. I can probably handle setting up the DVR myself as I've been lurking in HR20 related message boards since it was first introduced, waiting for the right time to do the upgrade. Topp Robertson was contemplating becoming a DirecTV installer and I would have definitely used him, but he hasn't done so yet and I can't wait for him any longer.

we are a CI firm out of frisco, we do DTV installs and are a DTV retailer, however we rarely ever do a "free" install

feel free to contact us 214-432-5981

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts