HR20 & Locals Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

donmigga83

Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
I got direct installed this weekend, the wifey only wanted to have one satellite installed on the house. I was able to get an HR20 for my HD-DVR so that I can use the OTA function to get my locals in high def. Am I going to experience any problems beyond not getting my locals via sat if I just use the OTA antenna?

I hope this makes sense

Thanks!

I got direct installed this weekend, the wifey only wanted to have one satellite installed on the house. I was able to get an HR20 for my HD-DVR so that I can use the OTA function to get my locals in high def. Am I going to experience any problems beyond not getting my locals via sat if I just use the OTA antenna?

I hope this makes sense

Thanks!

You can still get your locals from the satellite if they are available in your area. That has nothing to do with using an ota antenna to get your locals.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks!
It sounds like your wife only wants either the sat dish or the OTA antenna?

I'm confused. The only D* dish you should need would be the Slimline 5 LNB model. Or do you already have E* and the wife didn't want another dish besides the E* dish already installed?

Am I going to experience any problems beyond not getting my locals via sat if I just use the OTA antenna?

Thanks!

Having the OTA antenna is actually the best way to go, you can have the dish and the antenna and get everything.
With the OTA you will get more channels than what D* can supply to you as far as OTA is concerned and you should not ever have to worry about losing an OTA signal, provided the network is on the air.

Also you can get a better signal from OTA , but D* is catching up quickly for those that have locals available thru D*.

Jimbo

Not knowing where the OP lives, I would venture to guess he has to get his SD locals from the 72.5 satellite. If that's the case, your SD locals will eventually move to one of the Ka satellites, so you'll be set up for all your locals-SD and HD, when DirecTV provides them.

You can use the HR20 for OTA if you do not get locals via satellite. So it also is a plus to have a backup and use an outdoor antenna to receive OTA in the event you have bad weather, despite the fact you get locals via satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)