HR20 online through router

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
I hooked up my HR20 to my router not too long ago because my video game consoles are all plugged in right by it.

I thought online functions were coming later but the other day it flashed on screen and said "connection to server Azureus has been lost" I was downloading a torrent through azureus so it was right. However why is it tracking what my computer is doing? Or was it trying to connect to azureus? What does the online add really? Is there some functionality now?

I hooked up my HR20 to my router not too long ago because my video game consoles are all plugged in right by it.

I thought online functions were coming later but the other day it flashed on screen and said "connection to server Azureus has been lost" I was downloading a torrent through azureus so it was right. However why is it tracking what my computer is doing? Or was it trying to connect to azureus? What does the online add really? Is there some functionality now?

The music/photos/video option on the HR20 only shows up if a recognized computer is attached. So whenever I attach to the home network the HR20 notes it and whenever my laptop leaves the network (going to sleep or turned off), the HR20 notes it.

So why is it noting my laptop disconnecting from a bittorrent server?

How do I access mp3's and videos? That option could be REALLY cool in my situation... We have a lower big screen tv with a pool table in the same room. I use my laptop and go out through HDMI and view pool tricks and play funny vids over the big screen... if I can access them without having to connect the laptop that would be supremely cool.

This is frustrating. All it can find or list is Azureus... how am I supposed to set it up so my stuff is viewable?

It's possible that there was shared media on Azureas, which was made visible to the HR20 by your laptop connection. Once your laptop disconnected, the HR20 also lost its connection.

Right now you can't view shared videos on your HR20. You can play music if it's shared by Windows Media Player. Search the forums for instructions on how to share your music using WMP. It's not hard to setup the share.

I set up Nero to share the way DBSTalk instructed but it still wasn't viewable.. My router sees the HR20 and obviously it is seeing something because Azureus is clickable by remote but it locks up... nothing is shared on azureus. *shrug*

I will search for the WMP11 instructions.

The box gets a notification when a connected PC logs off. The box will only do MP3s and Photos from "watched folders". I set mine up with Media Center which I find annoying. The concept of Playlists, Albums, Artists, etc. confounds me. I am folder-centric and wish MS would knock off the media player/center crap. The folder you were downloading must have been a shared and watched folder.

Right now the boxes networking capability is kinda lame. Matter-of-fact, I'm going to the router right now and disconnect it. I'm tired of the pop-ups too.

Yea azureus downloads to "my shared folder" which is shared (imagine that hehehe) If there isn't videos then I would rather hook my qosmio up over HDMI like I have been doing. The qosmio has a remote control and I can access anything not to mention surf the web on my screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)