HR20 Out of Stock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
cbearnm said:
Well, I have to update, after being told yesterday afternoon that they were still on backorder, lo and behold a delivery came to my office today.
So it appears that they are back in the pipeline.
Good news Dawg, glad to hear it.
To clarify, if the order is for new equipment, the installers can bring them, but they generally don't carry extras to do a field swap if defective (according to D*).

Oh yeah they are back in the pipeline. That broken one I was going to take back to BB today. Well guess what was at my front door today.......Yep you guessed it....A new HR20! :eek: I called D* last night to cancel that replacement order. They said it hasn't shipped. So now....here I am....starting last friday with one HR20...then a broken HR20 on monday. Install on Tues with two HR20's. Now on Wed.....I have three working HR20's and one broken one! :confused: LOL OH MAN. So fella's and lady's....The HR20's are out. Trust me I know!!! LOL

Reason # 546 Why directv SUCKS
Made my apointment two weeks ago.
The A-Hole installer calls the day of install (after I took off of work) to say that he didn't have one to install.
Now they tell me 3 more weeks.
BULLS&*T

I wish Directv's Satellites would just fall from the sky!!!!!

ncfuser said:
Reason # 546 Why directv SUCKS
Made my apointment two weeks ago.
The A-Hole installer calls the day of install (after I took off of work) to say that he didn't have one to install.
Now they tell me 3 more weeks.
BULLS&*T

I wish Directv's Satellites would just fall from the sky!!!!!
Nice,
Why does D* suck, they are not doing the install and they are not the ones responsible for the installer ordering the correct equipment

jimbo

Jimbos said:
Nice,
Why does D* suck, they are not doing the install and they are not the ones responsible for the installer ordering the correct equipment

jimbo
i agree the installer is the one that sucks but have to disagree when you say directv is not responsible. They are absolutely more responsible than anyone involved, directv is who we pay. Directv hired the contractor so Directv holds the ultimate amount of responsibility , they have the most to gain and certainly the most to lose because of crappy installers

stevesmall said:
i agree the installer is the one that sucks but have to disagree when you say directv is not responsible. They are absolutely more responsible than anyone involved, directv is who we pay. Directv hired the contractor so Directv holds the ultimate amount of responsibility , they have the most to gain and certainly the most to lose because of crappy installers

Well said, my friend. Just as another example, if you buy a new HD Home Entertainment System at Best Buy and they give you a free install and then there are problems with the Installers, who do you ultimately complain to? Best Buy, right? Because you paid Best Buy for the product and services, it is their name on the line.

D* should have a good working relationship with the installers to keep the customers happy because if enough problems exist, those installers will lose their contract with D* and be a bit short in the wallet.

pgtogo2004 said:
Well said, my friend. Just as another example, if you buy a new HD Home Entertainment System at Best Buy and they give you a free install and then there are problems with the Installers, who do you ultimately complain to? Best Buy, right? Because you paid Best Buy for the product and services, it is their name on the line.

D* should have a good working relationship with the installers to keep the customers happy because if enough problems exist, those installers will lose their contract with D* and be a bit short in the wallet.
You are correct in your assessment, but BB you bought it from is normally locally in your city down the street.
D* is not in all of our towns, I agree the installers need to get better in some instances, but many are very good as well. If you look around you will find posts of good install experiences as well, but no as many because most of the time if yourinstall is as expected you expect it that way and don't say anything about it...

D* ultimatly is responsible for thier installers, and you are corrct this is how the good and the bad install companies get weeded out...
There are what 1000 installation companies they use across the US, maybe 500, D* cannot hold everybodies hands all the time, they have to be responsible fro themselves somewhere down the line.

Jimbo

EXACTLY
DTV is the one that hired these so called contractors.
And the fact that DTV has no say what they do.
DTV told me that it was up to the installer to make another appointment, not DTV.
So DTV can't tell them to come to my house NOW!

And DTV will not ship me the HR20, for me to install, or at least to have it here for the so called installer.

Called yesterday and the soonest they can install my HR20 is October 18th. The guy in retention said it was because they are on backorder. Is there any way to just have them send out the unit instead of having an installer come? I already have the lines run and a 5 lnb dish.

kaomie said:
Called yesterday and the soonest they can install my HR20 is October 18th. The guy in retention said it was because they are on backorder. Is there any way to just have them send out the unit instead of having an installer come? I already have the lines run and a 5 lnb dish.

Nope.
Well, yes. But they will charge you 300 bucks.
It was retarted. I called and asked if they could ship me the box, and they told me I would be charged 300. I told them I was going to be charged 20 for the installer to do it. They said that was because they were doing a "swap" without taking my old HR10????
They don't make any sense.

And the only to weed them out os raise holy hell, call DTV, threaten them to leave, make demands, write letters and demand, DEMAND, action. If they want your buss, you will get it. If they don't you won't. Simple as that. I cussed out the meth addict who called me to complain that i sent her people away when they showed up at 11 during the 9-1 window. I was admant after a lot of bad experiences that they had to be there at 9 or I would send them away. She hung up on me. When I called retention to cancel today, they asked why, (a lot of this detailed on my moron erport post) and they said they would force meth addict April from Atoka to send her subcontractors (I refused to let Directtech in my house) Megatech (absolutely A No. 1 class professional folks) out on the 9th, I said too bad, Comcast is coming on the 7th and BTW the noly way DTV is allowed to come is after hours or this Saturday at 8 a.m. no later than 8:30. Otherwise, disconnect it, no negotiating, period. I have been a customer since 94, over 200 a month average at least. Guess what, they conferenced me into the not very pleasant conversation with the local installer contract holder where DTV told them they will send their sub here tommorow at 5:30 to 6 o'clock or else, got a call 5 minutes later from the sub directly who are great and were always willing to do it anytime but due to the system the sub can't do jack even on DTV's orders unles the primary install contract holder tells them too, which is why direct had to tell their primary to tell the sub. So basically, if you spend enough $$$ with them, being a dick works. Those that say it doesn't are wrong. But no need to be one to the little guys who show up at your door, call their office or DTV, they or both are the problem.

Mine was installed Wednesday, and I have to echo the other happy members.

The 3 installers I have dealt with in the East KY-WVA area have been excellent, and so far the HR20 is awesome.

Installation Snafu

We were scheduled to have an HR20 delivered and installed along with a 5lnb dish last Sunday afternoon Sept. 24. Although we had other things to do, we faithfully waited all afternoon. To make a long story short, the installer never came nor did he phone to say he wasn't coming. Spent about an hour on the phone with retention and a person from the installer's main office. Since it was about 6 PM local time, of course there was no one at the installer's office to speak to about what happend. Was told to expect a call Monday morning from installer that never happend. Called retention and they told me that the installer has 72 hours to respond. The reason they missed the appointment was that they were out of equipment but expect it in the end of this week. Have rescheduled delivery on Oct. 5. I'm crossing my fingers, otherwise I will be ballistic.

Ok guys, here's the rundown. Installer's truck broke this morning. Couldn't find a replacement installer, so I called D* and they ironed it all out and not even a new install date like waiting a week, but they actually said they could do it tomorrow, but I'm out all day, so they scheduled it for Monday. They actually rearragned other appointments so they could squeeze me in. I said to D* CSR "you mean like a 8-12 kind of deal" and she said, "an 8-12 kind of deal, but they said they will be there at 8 a.m." so we will see... I'll let you know when/if it happens.

Im not sure. I know when the installer is late, You get a $20.00 credit - Ive gotten a few of those. I was on the phone with Directv at 12:00 (I had a 8-12 time window) The installer showed up at 12:03 while I was still on the phone with D* and they told me because he was late I would get a credit - I told D* it was only o few minutes and they said he still was late - Who am I to argue with them? $20.00 I didnt ask for is good for me.

Ok let me explain something. Installer doesnt have to call you. My company doesnt give me a cell phone nor does it reinburse me for my used cell minutes and overages. I have a teenage daughter and we share 1000 minutes daytime per month. If you have a teenage kid you understand what I mean.
Dispatcher is the one who is supposed to call you. Dispatchers are busy and I cannot call her every minute to give an update on my situation. I cant always tell if I be able to make it before 12 or not.
Our communications with dispatchers is not your problem but just a point I am trying to make here: a technician DOES NOT have to call you.

By the way for you who doesnt know. 8 - 12 appointment doesnt mean installer will show up at 8 am and finish his job by 12. It means we have to show up between 8 and 12.... 11.50 AM is still good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts