HR20 - Release in August (LA to be the first)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dan8379 said:
Since these will be leased you wouldn't be able to sell them on Ebay, would you?

No, but consider my situation:
I have (2) H20's which I bought immediately before the lease program began. When the HR20's arrive I will probably replace one of my H20's, and being owned rather than leased I should be able to do what I want with it.

That said, the release of the HR20 may create a small market of lightly-used H20's for sale.

I would just save that "extra H20" to use on another standard TV (it will down rez via the s-vid) or in the event you acquire another HD display.

charper1 said:
I would just save that "extra H20" to use on another standard TV (it will down rez via the s-vid) or in the event you acquire another HD display.

That's the thing... I have (2) H20's b/c I have (2) HDTV's... one is in my bedroom (Tonshiba 23HL85) which displaced a reasonably nice 21-inch ProScan 4x3 set. My lovely wife insists that the ProScan needs to find a new home, she does not want a 3rd set on D*.

So I've had this 21-inch set sitting for 7 months, not even plugged-into the wall, and I haven't found any takers... so I can't say I would expect much use of an H20 that I had to pay for, I mgiht want to get some $ for it.

PoitNarf said:
Is it going to be interactive straight out of the box or need to wait for an update like the H20?

Don't know for certain, but I can't see why it wouldn't be interactive out of the box... since the R15 was... and the H20's are going to get an upgrade (most likely in August as well) to get the interactive functionality.

does anyone know if we still get the "free" upgrade from the HR10-250 even if we go through a deal like valueelectronics? I would much rather go through Robert and install myself then have to have them send out an installer to swap a box.

HR20-Release in August (LA to be first)

ScoBuck said:
Please start a thread with THAT as its topic - if thats the discussion you want to have. You seem to never be happy with ANYTHING they do - I wish I could understand why that is.

Why invade a thread with good news with other off-topic negativism? I don't get it.

AMEN!!!!!

ebonovic said:
Don't know for certain, but I can't see why it wouldn't be interactive out of the box... since the R15 was... and the H20's are going to get an upgrade (most likely in August as well) to get the interactive functionality.
Any upgrades for the H-10's, or were they just discarded like the ugly duckling ?

asousa said:
does anyone know if we still get the "free" upgrade from the HR10-250 even if we go through a deal like valueelectronics? I would much rather go through Robert and install myself then have to have them send out an installer to swap a box.
Me too, personally, I would rather buy one from somewhere as to be renting it. (HR20-700)

Jimbo

I'm crossing my fingers on a mail-in rebate like the H20 had when I got it. I actually got paid to get the H20; $200 at Circuit City but there was a mix up in their storage and they couldn't find it right away. I used the in store pickup and they didn't have it ready in the 25 minutes in their guarantee, so I got a $25 gift card for waiting. Combine that with the $200 rebate and subtract taxes, I got paid about $18 to "buy" the H20 :D

I don't expect to get the HR20 for free, but a mail-in rebate would be nice :up

The H10's are toast... the upgade is to go to an H20 or HR20.

A recent post over at www.dbstalk.com from someone "stating" they are in logistics from DirecTV, that they where told to "recycle" any remaining H10's that had in stock or received.

"Everything DirecTV has said indicates they want high-end subscribers. High-end doesn't mean DVR, it means HD. They're clearly at a competitive disadvantage and have been for a while. "

High end subscribers like myself do not want HD Lite anymore, I gave Directv enough chances to get it together and I'm not seeing improvement in the HD department.

zzzzzzzz please do not try to rediect or hijack the thread. There are plenty of HD Lite threads to post in. IMHO.

toy4two said:
"Everything DirecTV has said indicates they want high-end subscribers. High-end doesn't mean DVR, it means HD. They're clearly at a competitive disadvantage and have been for a while. "

High end subscribers like myself do not want HD Lite anymore, I gave Directv enough chances to get it together and I'm not seeing improvement in the HD department.

Call 888-825-2557. That's the number for new customers to get Dish Network. Enjoy. :hatsoff:

So is this going to have the Tivo software in it, or just the DVR software?? I have been so confused now that D* resigned Tivo for 3 yrs if they are not using them.

dblake15 said:
So is this going to have the Tivo software in it, or just the DVR software?? I have been so confused now that D* resigned Tivo for 3 yrs if they are not using them.

It will not have the Tivo software in it. They resigned with Tivo because they have thousands of Tivo based DVRs out there that will still need support.

Should I be expecting a phone call about the upgrade from my HD-Tivo to the new Mpeg 4 version or should I start calling them as soon as D* says they're here in LA? Any news on the availability of the 5LNB slimdish? I am kinda hoping to get these at the same time.

ebonovic said:
The H10's are toast... the upgade is to go to an H20 or HR20.

A recent post over at www.dbstalk.com from someone "stating" they are in logistics from DirecTV, that they where told to "recycle" any remaining H10's that had in stock or received.

nobody who works for directv would admit they did on a forum,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts