Hr20 sells itself, oh wait not even close read inside!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know I was saying I just hope the first day I get it (tues-wed) there is another software out in the wild.

Please let us know how you make out. I have to do a daily reset on my HR20 and am only putting up with it because I have my HR10-250 with OTA HD for use. Yesterday I thought I lost all my shows I recorded. I would hit play on a show and immediately got the Delete Now message as if the show had ended. Happened on every recorded show. Luckily another reset got me to watch them. Freezes are happening very often. Now maybe the problem is because it's mostly the HD locals I'm taping. Regardless, thank goodness I still have my HR10-250.

I will fill this thread in. Also alot of my problems were software, I work in the computer business too and I know about dead hard drives (trust me I have had my fair share) and alot of my problems were due to software, now I do believe that majority of my major problems this last week were because of the hard drive....so MTNmike we were both right :)

okay here is my update, got my new Hr20 (manufactured 10-16-06 so it has to be brand new) Plug it in, let it do its thing...go to work come home, turn it on to watch the cavs game, halfway through the first commercial break, go to flip down to espn2hd to watchcollege football, its froze!!! reset it in time for it to record lost, get it up and running, it starts recording lost, go to try and get back to espnhd and it pops up with Both tuners are in use, shows lost recording on one, and title not available on the other! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?? I am only recoring lost, this is getting to be pretty bad!!!

okay here is my update, got my new Hr20 (manufactured 10-16-06 so it has to be brand new) Plug it in, let it do its thing...go to work come home, turn it on to watch the cavs game, halfway through the first commercial break, go to flip down to espn2hd to watchcollege football, its froze!!! reset it in time for it to record lost, get it up and running, it starts recording lost, go to try and get back to espnhd and it pops up with Both tuners are in use, shows lost recording on one, and title not available on the other! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?? I am only recoring lost, this is getting to be pretty bad!!!

I thought that said it only had 1 buffer, so you could not swap between tuners ?
I hope that , that is a software issue that can be addressed in the future.

Jimbo

I thought that said it only had 1 buffer, so you could not swap between tuners ?
I hope that , that is a software issue that can be addressed in the future.

Jimbo

you cant flip back and forth between tuners, only when you are trying to watch live tv and both tuners are being taken up does it show you whats on each tuner and asks which you would like to cancel....by the way I will be on my 3rd restart tonight, Looked at signal strength for tuner 2 and it showe all odds missing, switch RG6 runs and tuner number two was then missing all evens..all I want is to watch tv. I have been working 11-13 hour dayS and just wanted to fall asleep to the cavs....so much for that happening peacefully tonight! :mad:

you cant flip back and forth between tuners, only when you are trying to watch live tv and both tuners are being taken up does it show you whats on each tuner and asks which you would like to cancel....by the way I will be on my 3rd restart tonight, Looked at signal strength for tuner 2 and it showe all odds missing, switch RG6 runs and tuner number two was then missing all evens..all I want is to watch tv. I have been working 11-13 hour dayS and just wanted to fall asleep to the cavs....so much for that happening peacefully tonight! :mad:

Man you sure are having trouble with these.
I wonder if there is a certian run of these that are bad, I have had NO problems at all ..... yet.

Jimbo

well another update, recieved a box today ( it was overnighted to me) it showed up, still tied to someone elses account, and had all their recordings on it.....So after the hour it took to get it activated it got up and running fine....then I turned to cnn and got the searching for satellite signal on tuner 1....mind you I had already checked the tuners and they were fine....anyways whenever I am on cnn or any channel about 20 above that one it gives me that message...if I turn to a HD channel or local it goes away and tuner one gets 100% signal on all satellites.....turn it to 200 channel range and it goes to half of the transponders missing....wife and I decided one more box if it is bad we are done...so I will update again/

I am eagerly awaiting the software update, to allow for OTA reception, before I switch out my HR10-250 to the HR20. My wife records shows from the OTA antenna, from stations that D* doesn't offer, via the few MPG4 channels they give you.

I don't understand why they put that unit out without the OTA section activated.

I have had mine since 10/15, and with the exception of not having all the features of TviO, the only major problems I have is with the MPEG4 local HD channels. The fast-forward is choppy so it is hard to tell where you are at in the show. During rewind the picture sometime freezes even though it is rewinding. I also have an issue where the program will just stop. I have to pause then play to get it going. Once I do that sometimes the sound will start cutting in and out. If I pause again it starts working fine. Some of the MPEG4 recordings seem to skip/jump. When I first got it the local HD’s would freeze on fast-forward but the last update fixed that. All the other HD channels ESPN, TNT, HBO and Super Fan work fine. I have minor issue where sometimes I change channel and I can’t pause. I change channel and back and it starts working.

My honest opinion is compared to a TiVO they really missed the mark.

Just my 2 cents
Bruce

I don't understand why they put that unit out without the OTA section activated.

Well it was demand especially from the very many that can't receive OTA and could care less about that. Just check the numerous posts concerning the current waiting list for the HR20. People are kicking the door in to get one.:D

Well it was demand especially from the very many that can't receive OTA and could care less about that. Just check the numerous posts concerning the current waiting list for the HR20. People are kicking the door in to get one.:D

But for just as many that consider OTA useless, there are those that consider the few satellite HD locals that D* offers useless, because of the poor PQ. I know I never use the ones I get. D* gives me 4 locals, plus RSN channel 96, the 4 locals are jittery and filled pixelation. They look like watching an old movie with skipped frames of video. If I use my OTA antenna, I get about 30 local HD and digital stations as opposed to the 4 I get from D*. Plus the PQ is much better, because it is not compressed as much as the D* signal is. You really see the difference in watching night football games, a lot less pixelation and a more stable picture. I will admit they have improved our RSN channel 96 since they lit it up. The hockey games are pretty good, but their other 4 locals have improved very little but have a ways to go before they look as good as the OTA channels.

That is my reason for waiting for the HR20 to be upgraded to receive OTA before I upgrade from my HR10-250.
</IMG>

But for just as many that consider OTA useless, there are those that consider the few satellite HD locals that D* offers useless, because of the poor PQ. I know I never use the ones I get. D* gives me 4 locals, plus RSN channel 96, the 4 locals are jittery and filled pixelation. They look like watching an old movie with skipped frames of video. If I use my OTA antenna, I get about 30 local HD and digital stations as opposed to the 4 I get from D*. Plus the PQ is much better, because it is not compressed as much as the D* signal is. You really see the difference in watching night football games, a lot less pixelation and a more stable picture. I will admit they have improved our RSN channel 96 since they lit it up. The hockey games are pretty good, but their other 4 locals have improved very little but have a ways to go before they look as good as the OTA channels.

That is my reason for waiting for the HR20 to be upgraded to receive OTA before I upgrade from my HR10-250.
</IMG>

I'm waiting also even thou when I turn on the microwave I sometimes lose my sound I'm sure the video has to be better than D* can offer now. Also They don't offer the independent stations out here in Denver. And from what I can see they still have some bugs to work out. I may even hold off until the HMC comes out. Thats what i'm looking forward to.

I'm waiting also even thou when I turn on the microwave I sometimes lose my sound I'm sure the video has to be better than D* can offer now. Also They don't offer the independent stations out here in Denver. And from what I can see they still have some bugs to work out. I may even hold off until the HMC comes out. Thats what i'm looking forward to.

Hmmm,
I haven't heard the HMC mentioned in along time.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts