Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
No details yet, but a little head-scratching to see this on the heels of F6 :confused:

No details yet, but a little head-scratching to see this on the heels of F6 :confused:

Ya, I got it this morning too, kinda odd seeing that is not the version being mentioned in other threads as the one currently being released.

Looks like the OxFA is the most current update, they added something to the other update at the last minute and now it's OxFA

Jimbo

Last edited:
At DBS Talk– Release Notes for 0xFA:

Items in Black where part of 0xF6
Items in Blue where added in 0xFA

Fixes
• Playback reliability
• Several stability issues
• Prioritizer ordering saved before executing a delete request
• Additional stability fixes

Improvements
• "Searching for Satellite" On-Screen-Display (OSD) is surpressed when it is occuring in the background.
• Time to tune in a channel

New Features
• Record key is functional during trickplay modes

Last edited:
Ya, I got it this morning too, kinda odd seeing that is not the version being mentioned in other threads as the one currently being released.

Looks like the OxFA is the most current update, they added something to the other update at the last minute and now it's OxFA

Jimbo

Have the various software bugs with the HR-20 now been sorted out? Are there any common problems remaining after this software update?

Does the Ox10b eliminate the bugs? Are people now satisfied with the operation of this box?

Most people have been satisfied for a couple months now. Some are still having issues. Just the nature of the beast.

x10b continues to make stability fixes, actvates OTA and also activates the ethernet port for networking for pics and music sharing.

Most people have been satisfied for a couple months now. Some are still having issues. Just the nature of the beast.

x10b continues to make stability fixes, actvates OTA and also activates the ethernet port for networking for pics and music sharing.

Mine is still on 0xFA and has been rock-solid. Even my wife and 9 year-old have not been able to complain.

According to Earl over at DBSTalk, everyone should have received 010B last night, it went national, unless you have something set up to record in the middle of the night. You might just want to try a force download and see if you get it.

and also activates the ethernet port for networking for pics and music sharing.

I was finally able to get my wirless bridge set up last night and noticed that the DirecTV HR20 shows up on the connected device list to the mail router. But, no ping or telnet functionality. I've searched and searched and can't find anything on it's function, so what's it doing now and what will it do, when?

Mods: Can we close this post and un-stick it since it is an old firmware (0xFA) and now we up to 10b.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)