HR21 Internet Connection Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bryan110

Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
I recently received an HR21 to replace an HR20 that went bad. The VOD service with the HR20 worked just fine before the receiver itself failed.

With the HR21, when downloading any VOD content, I receive an error message that there was a problem connecting to the internet and am given the option to "Test Connection" or "Continue, Fix Later." When I opt to test connection, the connection tests fine and the downloading resumes for a few minutes before getting the error message again.

The HR21 was initially connected using a powerline ethernet adapter, which connected to a Linksys cable gateway (WGC200) in my office. This was how my old HR20 was connected as well.

This weekend, I replaced/added some networking equipment. The HR21 is now connected via Linksys Wireless Gaming Adapter (WGA600N) to a Linksys Dual N-Band Wireless Router (WRT610N). I am still using the cable gateway for the cable modem function only. I tested the gaming adapter using a laptop prior to connecting to the DTV receiver, and it worked fine.

I got the error message with both the powerline and wireless connections. The only thing I can think of is that there is a problem with the receiver or the cable gateway. I have a hard time believing it is the gateway since all other wireless connections in my house work just fine (laptop, XBox 360, Wii).

I have read some posts with a problem similar to the one I am describing, but have not read a solution. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Is your cable Internet from Comcast? I'm having the same issues, and I read elsewhere that they have recently changed the way they throttle high-bandwidth users. When I have been viewing streaming media on my laptop for a while, it starts to hesitate and give me bandwidth in fits and starts. I wonder if HR21's don't deal well with this.

I have AT&T coming on Thursday to put in DSL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)