HR21 lease?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
OK I finaly called Directv yesterday about my unending problems with my HR21 / AM21 combo. When receiver is on a satellite channel and needs to switch over to OTA channel to record a season pass event, it "can't find tuner." I tune to the channel and its black. I do a reset and the channel reappears.

OK Directv tells me that the alternative is to swap out but that will restart another 2 year contract. I said that was NOT going to happen. Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I assumed this being a leased receiver, the contract issue didn't apply here. Maybe I'm confused about how this works. :confused:

If you have the protection plan the contract does NOT extend, if you opted out for the PP then yes it extends the contract

OK guys apparently I didnt take the PP. Thanks for clearing it up.
As far as any 2 year contracts in my future, I seriously doubt that will ever happen again. Note: I didnt say "never". It will depend on what type receiver the new Directv/Tivo turns out to be. It will HAVE to have OTA "scan" or my days with Directv will probably come to an end. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)