HR21 lease?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
OK I finaly called Directv yesterday about my unending problems with my HR21 / AM21 combo. When receiver is on a satellite channel and needs to switch over to OTA channel to record a season pass event, it "can't find tuner." I tune to the channel and its black. I do a reset and the channel reappears.

OK Directv tells me that the alternative is to swap out but that will restart another 2 year contract. I said that was NOT going to happen. Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I assumed this being a leased receiver, the contract issue didn't apply here. Maybe I'm confused about how this works. :confused:

If you have the protection plan the contract does NOT extend, if you opted out for the PP then yes it extends the contract

OK guys apparently I didnt take the PP. Thanks for clearing it up.
As far as any 2 year contracts in my future, I seriously doubt that will ever happen again. Note: I didnt say "never". It will depend on what type receiver the new Directv/Tivo turns out to be. It will HAVE to have OTA "scan" or my days with Directv will probably come to an end. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts