HR21 RF Internal Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

birddog

Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Since DTV decided to remove the External RF antenna connector from it's latest generation of receivers we're now limited on RF remote (RC64R & RC24) range. Does anyone know if I can open the receiver and solder, wire or otherwise connect a lead to the internal RF antenna so I can create an external RF connection?

I'm in an environment where there is heavy interference and the internal RF antenna is just not cutting it at all, expecially from across the house.

My customer is threatening to have me re-install his old Sony SAT-A55 and toss me and my HD receiver out of his house. Not good....

I have seen several reports that the HR20-100, which has an external antenna, is less sensitive than the models with the internal antenna. They're not really designed to work across a house, mainly when you have the DVR inside a cabinet. Possibly you would have better luck with IR an an extender.

I have seen several reports that the HR20-100, which has an external antenna, is less sensitive than the models with the internal antenna. They're not really designed to work across a house, mainly when you have the DVR inside a cabinet. Possibly you would have better luck with IR an an extender.
This customer, however, already has a dedicated RG6 coax running to the attic above the MBR with an RF whip attached to it. It was used on his previous Sony receiver to provide flawless RF remote operation from the bedroom to the receiver located two levels down and across the house. With the HR21 or HR20-700 I'm screwed. I now have to go to eBay and find a HR20-100 unit that has never been activated. !sadroll

I can revert back to IR and use a Terk or X-10 Powermid but I seriously doubt those signals will travel across the house any better than the HR21's internal antenna RF signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts