Hr21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just got an HR21 installed and am having freezing problems; it locks for about 30-60 seconds and is unresponsive to the remote. I'm sure glad I kept my HR10-250 as my primary.

I have seen notices that a firmware update 'improves' this -- although why they can't 'fix' it is beyond me. I never had anything like this with my HR10-250.

Oh well, between the two of them I have all I want:

HR10-250: OTA (including HD), Reliable, easy to use
R21: HD channels inaccessible to the HR10.

Hello all I also just had the HR 21 installed and it's been pretty good, a couple freeze up's but it comes right back and video playback a couple stutters here and there but hope they can get this fixed over time.. Cya Slick

I just got a new HR21 this week and it was locking up until I did a reset. There may have been a new firmware update too, I don't know.

However, it just locked again. Here are the steps I took:

1. Finished watching a show, pressed the stop button
2. In the title page for the show, current live TV was playing in the little box, so I pressed pause to pause it.
3. I selected Delete to delete the program. The DVR has been locked now for over an hour.

I don't want to reset it just now as the record light is on, but I'll probably do so soon. In the meantime I just wanted to get these details out; if anyone from DirecTV is monitoring these forums this might be a clue that will help them identify and possibly fix this bug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)