HR22: 1 vs 2 inputs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueridge66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Northern AZ
I use our receiver at home and at our cabin. I have 2 inputs at our house but have not run the 2nd coax at the cabin. I understand both inputs are needed for both tuners but what issue(s), if any, will I experience if only 1 input is initially hooked up.

you will have to disable the second tuner, and you will have to watch what you are recording or watch a recorded show while recording another. you basically just loose half of the dvr

You'll need to redo satellite setup each time you move the box and set to single or dual tuner. It doesn't take long at all to do this but it will restart after configuring.

I had looked at the setup menu and didn't see a specific item to "disable" the second input. I assumed the system wound sense that only one input was present but didn't want to have it hiccup and freeze up. Obviously as soon as time permits I'll run the 2nd coax.

MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM SETUP/SATELLITE/REPEAT SATELLITE SETUP/(-)/TUNERS(select SINGLE or DUAL) then CONTINUE.

Not doing this will not cause hang-ups but doing this when only one Coax is connected will prevent the tuner from from being used when changing channels or recording. (If that were to happen, you'd get the "771-Searching for channel" and a missed recording, if applicable.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts