HR22-100 sat. signal questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rayodin

Original poster
May 24, 2010
US
hey guys, I am really hoping you can help me out a bit here. I recently got a HR22-100 at a second hand store, thinking I would just pull the 320gb drive out of it. however after bringing it home and looking more into its features I am really interested in the media player side of this box. I have absolutely no intention of ever watching anything from any sat company, I am strictly trying to use this box to access my stored media over my network and my netflix account. so my first question is: is there anyway to bypass the searching for sat signal message and get to the menu on this box or does it need to be attached to a dish? second question: what kind of dish and setup would I need to get this thing running?

I am unaware if either of these is possible but after weeks of googling I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Again I just want to get access to the media server part of this box. Thanks in advance for any help or info you guys can give me.....

Thank you for the answer, but a bit more info would be nice. I know that this box is capable of doing what I am asking of it. The part I am wondering about is if there is some way to get it past the searching for satellite signal part of starting up the box. I was under the impression having it wired to a dish and pulling a signal would get it past the 771 error. I am merely trying to see if there is some bypass to get into the menu and system without said signal or if there is a specific type of dish and setup I should be trying with it.

I gather that no one knows of any way to get this to work? I tried hooking up the dish I have on my roof and I can't get any kind of signal at all, just says not acquiring. even without service I should be pulling a signal shouldn't I?

Without the box being activated by Directv, I don't know of a way to get it to do anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)