HR23/700 too slow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwhite6069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Cave City, Ky
My hr23/700 is slow. There are several seconds from when I push a button on my remote before it does anything. Is this normal? I upgraded from an h20/100 and it was warp speed compared to this.

I have a Hr21 and H22 and at times they are slow and at times there are fast I have no idea what is going on one thing I can think of is they are networked and if somehow the broadcast traffic is slowing them down NOT SURE.....

sorry have HR21 and HR21 I know they are known to be slow by what is strange to me sometimes they are fine other times they are SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWwwwwwwwww.

So I was thinking something is taking up the processor Like internet traffic downloading D.O.D multicast, and broadcast traffic etc or retrieving info off of the box.. I wonder if they are slow when they are not networked. Someone hook up a sniffer on there network LOL
but I have no idea how they work

sorry have HR21 and HR21 I know they are known to be slow by what is strange to me sometimes they are fine other times they are SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWwwwwwwwww.

So I was thinking something is taking up the processor Like internet traffic downloading D.O.D multicast, and broadcast traffic etc or retrieving info off of the box.. I wonder if they are slow when they are not networked. Someone hook up a sniffer on there network LOL
but I have no idea how they work

I, too, believe it might have something to do with them being networked.

Thats easy, disconnect them for a bit and see if that makes a difference ......
and please post your results !

I've noticed that my HR23-700 has gotten a bit sluggish since I added the AM21.

If I remember, I'll try disconnecting the network to see what happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)