HR23, HR22, and 2 D12's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tigerfan55

Original poster
May 14, 2008
So I really want a Genie, but the best they could do was $149, and I don't want to pay that much. So I looked and saw that I am eligible for a free HD DVR receiver. I'm sure it will be a new HR22 or an HR24. My question is if I put in a new HD DVR receiver in place of one of my current D12's can I theoretically record 4 shows at once with 2 being on my current HR23 and 2 more being on my new HR23/24? If that is the case then I would just rather get the free HD DVR receiver and let the wife record all of her shows in the bedroom and keep all of my shows in the living room. With this setup what all could I watch on my current Whole Home HR22 HD receiver? Would it be everything from both boxes or just stuff from my current LR box?

If you got another DVR (no-one can guarantee which one you would get, by the way) you would be able to record two shows on that DVR as well as two shows on your existing DVR.
If you have whole-home, then all your HD boxes could share the recordings on the DVRs.

If you got another DVR (no-one can guarantee which one you would get, by the way) you would be able to record two shows on that DVR as well as two shows on your existing DVR.
If you have whole-home, then all your HD boxes could share the recordings on the DVRs.

Well perfect that is exactly what I wanted to hear. So since I will be able to record 4 shows through 2 HD DVR boxes and the recording can be viewed on all 3 devices there is no reason at all for me to pay $149 for a Genie for 1 more recording option. Thank you for the reply.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)