Need answers about best setup quick!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I have 6 tvs and I am wanting to switch to Directv. I need FULL DVR ability on all 6 tvs. First,Is it possible with Directv and if so what do I need to get when I order(ie.# of recievers)? Thanks.

couple of options
1. hd-dvr at each tv (hr-24)
2. 2 hmc (hr-34) and 4 c31 clients

both options give full dvr at each tv. problem is it will be costly

mdram said:
couple of options
1. hd-dvr at each tv (hr-24)
2. 2 hmc (hr-34) and 4 c31 clients

both options give full dvr at each tv. problem is it will be costly

2 hmc isn't likely. Directv still hasn't lefted the 1 active per account yet I don't think. I would say a 34 with 3 31's and 2 hddvrs

To date, I've heard of only one or two households with multiple Genies and those were pre-release testers.

The answer to the OP's requirements is going to involve multiple HD DVRs and substantial up-front expense. I'm thinking somewhere upwards of $600 until such time that the moratorium on multi-Genie installs is lifted.

Thats been a big problem with HR34's.. You CAN still buy a 2nd one.. you just cant activate it.. or an uneducated CSR will activate it, then when it causes issues and gets caught you have a hacked off customer.
If the OP absolutely has to have DVR on each TV then Id just suggest 6 HD-DVRs with whole home

Regarding the C31's and whole home problem, there was a software update rolling out thats supposed to be fixing that.. should have gone out last night if I remember right. It goes out to the HRx receivers.

Regarding the C31's and whole home problem, there was a software update rolling out thats supposed to be fixing that.. should have gone out last night if I remember right. It goes out to the HRx receivers.

Unless this is getting rolled across the country like they often do, I didn't get an Update last night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts