HR24 and Remotes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willager2

Original poster
May 27, 2010
Georgia
I just upgraded from some Tivo boxes to three HR24's yesterday. I have two of the 24's in my TV room. When I try to change one with the remote it controls both units. On the Tivos you could set the remote to only work with one box. Is there such a thing with the 24's? I called technical services and they didn't know, but sugested setting one for IR and one for RF. But couldn't walk me through doing it. I can't be the only person with two units in the same room.

Also my installer set me up with SWIM. He said multiroom viewing would work without connecting the 24's to a router. However it isn't working. I suspect that multiroom is not turned on as they "forgot" to turn on HD service too. But should multiroom work with only the standard RG6 cables?

Thanks

Pete

I just upgraded from some Tivo boxes to three HR24's yesterday. I have two of the 24's in my TV room. When I try to change one with the remote it controls both units. On the Tivos you could set the remote to only work with one box. Is there such a thing with the 24's? I called technical services and they didn't know, but sugested setting one for IR and one for RF. But couldn't walk me through doing it. I can't be the only person with two units in the same room.

Also my installer set me up with SWIM. He said multiroom viewing would work without connecting the 24's to a router. However it isn't working. I suspect that multiroom is not turned on as they "forgot" to turn on HD service too. But should multiroom work with only the standard RG6 cables?

Thanks

Pete

Yes there is a way to set your remotes to work the recvrs individually, unfortunately,I am not one that can remember the sequences.

Edmond is very good with the Remote issues if you see him around.

Others can help too, but Edmond seems to be the remote guru.

Hopefully one of the others will hop inhere and be able to help you.

Multiroom viewing will work but you need the correct equipment to make it work and have it activated thru D*, thats $ 3 p/m

Here you go, change a receiver to RF Mode, and follow the instructions on the screen to reprogram the remote. You can do this with both receivers, they will work individually, and you will not have to aim the remote at the receiver.

Menu -> Setup -> Remote -> IR/RF Mode

You can also setup both receivers to one remote using the AV1 option. Go to AV1, hold mute/select, type 991, 0, select. Then program AV1 for RF mode following the instructions on the receiver. Hold Mute/select, type 991, channel up, receiver ID (last six), select.

And all that from memory, hope I got it right.

As for activating MRV, it is $3 / month, and requires a single wire installation. You can activate online at directv.com under account setting it's on the same tab as HD and DVR, called Whole Home DVR. You could also just call 800-directv.

If you want to stay with IR control, the Remote setup has 8 channels that you can use.

With DECA/MRV you don't need the DVRs connected to your router unless you want to use On Demand or order PPV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts