HR24's no HDMI, service call until Wednesday !?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

activ8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Ok, so I have two (out of 3) HR24 receivers that quit working over HDMI

After a reset on 1 I get a "please wait, checking settings, then big directv logo" then the 480i,720 etc light blink in succession then I get a "no signal" on my LG tv.
tried different hdmi inputs, cables.. to no avail
My second HR24 comes on , but is not displaying anything on the TV.

Called direct and get the standard, have you check the inputs,cables etc.. yes yes
yes... !

Luckily for me.. I am a new customer with 90 days warranty... so this service call is free... ! 90 days on new equipment.. really ?

Ok service call scheduled for Wednesday.. ! erm.. 3 days later ? WTF

Not happy... I have never had Dish stuff go out on me like this !

Activ8xp

BTW I also tried to get things back in shape with a software update (0,2,4,6,8) it did find new software.. but I still have the same problem of not getting signal to the tv after the initial diagnostic screen ( they do work)

you know.... how about I just wait ten days till they fix faulty equipment, for the record do not expect ten minute service.. but next business day is not unfair..... how many customers they have in this case is irrelevant.. surely the service department has been kept up from the early days of 10 customers.. right ?

I'm now connecting composite.. (so its working half half)

This sounds more like a TV issue than faulty HR24s. Exactly which TV do you have?

Well other than having to add an audio cable you aren't losing much if anything if you use the COMPONENT connections. However this doesn't sound like a receiver issue although it may be.

Last edited:
you know.... how about I just wait ten days till they fix faulty equipment, for the record do not expect ten minute service.. but next business day is not unfair..... how many customers they have in this case is irrelevant.. surely the service department has been kept up from the early days of 10 customers.. right ?

The hell it is. So, Direct should just bump you to the front of the line in front of everyone else in your area who scheduled before you did?

3 days is about the average for service calls on anything. Took my TV repair almost 2 weeks, Phone company took about 5 days and the problem wasn't even on my end, Dish took 6. When I signed up D* appointment was 4 days for an issue that I ended up resolving on my own and cancelled the service call.

S~

Did you connect composite or component? Component will give you hd, composite won't.
BTW, three days isn't too long for an appointment, it only seems that way!

have to love it when people are used to instant gratification and find out in the real world you might have to wait a day or two.

Even if they place the order for a box monday and over night it at considerable cost you may not get it until wednesday. Sound like they did you right and your expectations are unreasonable.

I had to wait 10 days then 8, so 3 days sounds like Christmas to me!
Good to see the usual jerk is here to add nothing but negativity.

There may just be a lot of service calls in your area but not enough techs? Have you tried resetting your TV?

Well you know... 3 days for a service call in my opinion is too long specially since I already know the equipment will be changed out..

I am hooked up component, but going back to the TV, it's an LG 42" plasma, with three HDMI inputs, I have tried a known working HR24 on it, it works fine. reversely that "bad" HR24 does not work with HDMI on my 52" Hitachi in the livingroom

I unplugged both TV and receiver, used different HDMI cables, tried the receiver on different hdmi ports, upgraded the HR24 software. All the ports on the tv work fine with an Xbox360, Playstation 3 and Blu-Ray player.

Like I said before, I'm good, got the tv going, patiently waiting on the good ole tech !

Glad your 'problem' is something that you can work around and for all intents and purposes doesn't affect you one bit while you wait three whole days. When my LNB went bad the first available appointment was 9 days later. They were backed up due to snow cancellations. I didn't come here bitching about how long it took, I just asked to be put on a standby list if an earlier appointment opened up.

So boo f'n hoo. You are not special, you are not important, and you get the next appointment in line just like the rest of us.

Status
Please reply by conversation.