HR2x / H21-H25 Software Release 11/1/11 v. 057B & 047B

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Receivers included in this release:
HR20-700 • HR20-100
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Staggered Release started: 11/1/2011

0x057B & 0x047B

The Contents of this Release: (Differences based on previous national releases)

New features
High Definition Black Motif User Interface
- Faster speed for navigating the guide
- Menu icons to easily find what you want
- Learn more at DIRECTV: HD On-Screen Guide

MyDIRECTV (DVRs only)
- What's on Now?
- You Might Like

All Movies
- Movie posters for visual browsing experience
- Find all movies regardless of the sourse (VOD, Linear, PPV, Premium, etc)

Picture in Graphics Moved to left of the screen
Integrated Rotton Tomatoes movie ratings

Updated
Improved Stability
Interactive content downloads separately with a "Downloading Additional Software" message if this is the first update

Last edited:
do we have to download this or is this automatic download? ty for help :)

This will be the automatic rollout of the HDGUI.

It started yesturday, but will be a staggered rollout, so it will take a while to get out to everyone.

Generally DirecTV starts on the west coast and works east, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly, depending on how the demand on tech support and other things.

I would expect this to be one of the slower rollouts.

cool. Already got the CE version on one receiver...2nd one is a backup DVR so when it gets here it gets here

Unlike what the stubborn posters at DBSTalk.com write, you can force an update to 0x0575 if you catch it at the right time. You have to wait until it's in the stream overnight.

I checked DirecTV Firmware Watcher to see when the update was coming down and forced my HR24-100 to 0x0575 at 3:15 a.m. Thursday morning. You just have to get the timing down.

adkinsjm said:
Unlike what the stubborn posters at DBSTalk.com write, you can force an update to 0x0575 if you catch it at the right time. You have to wait until it's in the stream overnight.

I checked DirecTV Firmware Watcher to see when the update was coming down and forced my HR24-100 to 0x0575 at 3:15 a.m. Thursday morning. You just have to get the timing down.

Ce's are done between 11pm and 2am et most of the weekend, Friday and Saturdat nights.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Hello friend .last night I force to donwload the new guide.an I foud the new software but guide is the same..):

Please excuse my stupidity but does the receiver need to be hooked up to phone line/ethernet to get the download? I have never had my receiver hooked up to ethernet or phone line
since the day I got the receivers. That was 2002!

Please excuse my stupidity but does the receiver need to be hooked up to phone line/ethernet to get the download? I have never had my receiver hooked up to ethernet or phone line
since the day I got the receivers. That was 2002!

Nope, d/l comes from the Sat itself.

Thanks Jimbo! Damn Buckeyes, took down my Illini again! That does help Zook get one more foot closer to out the door.

So I'm sitting here at 5 am on the computer, tv and DVR turned off, and the HR21 reboots itself. I'm thinking that perhaps this is the update but still the same guide. I have no idea why it rebooted itself.

This is NOT a CE release. Why do you keep saying it is?
The people asking here are wanting the New HD Gui, that time is past on this opening, thus they need to wait till the next CE in order to get it.

Btw, while technically it wasn't a CE, it still had the CE rules for download, AFTER 11pm on that particular night, it's not like they could d/l it anytime.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)