HR2x / HR34 External Hard Drive FYI/Support (eSATA)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has anyone tried or heard of someone trying the following:

Seagate 1 TB USB 2.0/eSATA/FireWire FreeAgent Pro External Hard Drive

Part # : ST310005FPA1E3-RK

I was never able to get my Seagate 1 TB USB 2.0/eSATA/Firewire FreeAgentPro EHD working with my HR21-700. I bought an APRICORN 1 TB EHD and it worked right out of the box. I'm using the Seagate as an EHD for my laptop :)

I was never able to get my Seagate 1 TB USB 2.0/eSATA/Firewire FreeAgentPro EHD working with my HR21-700. I bought an APRICORN 1 TB EHD and it worked right out of the box. I'm using the Seagate as an EHD for my laptop :)

Thats unusual, I am using a Free Agent 750 and it worked right out of the box on my HR20-700's, now I realize your using a different HD and rec., but you would think that they would work properly.
Remember D* does not support EHD's at this time.

Jimbo

Ok, I have went through every page of this thread and went and bought a Maxtor Basics SATA II/300 1 TB HD (Fry's $159) and a Antec MX1 case ($29) for my HR20-100. Thanks for the info BTW. The case includes the esata cable (I?) Is there a way to seamlessly transition going from internal to external in regards to shows already recorded on the internal HD but haven't been viewed yet?

Last edited:
Need to buy a new unit for my HR20 (had a FA 750 but sold it). I assume the FA's are still holding up well. Any WD drives to recommend so I can price compare?

Thanks.

Why won't Seagates work? They work for me. I have an enclosure with 2 500gig ones and they work fine.

Ok, I have went through every page of this thread and went and bought a Maxtor Basics SATA II/300 1 TB HD (Fry's $159) and a Antec MX1 case ($29) for my HR20-100. Thanks for the info BTW. The case includes the esata cable (I?) Is there a way to seamlessly transition going from internal to external in regards to shows already recorded on the internal HD but haven't been viewed yet?
Wow how did you get the Antec MX-1 for 29 bucks?

Anyone have a two terabyte setup? And if so, which external case and which drives are you using?

Thanks!

Heres a pic of the 640gig WD and the Vantec case. I really like the looks of the case, very sharp, and it came with an eSATA cable. Also has a cool blue logo on the front. Only thing it could use is a cooling fan, but mine will be out in the open so I am not worried about it.

Case comes with screws to mount the drive to the inside, so its very sturdy. Will be connecting it tonight after I clear up some shows from this week.

IMG00123.jpg

640gb WD drive is working great. Originally OTA used 4%, so it gave me 25 hours and mos tof the mpeg 4 stuff was 1-2. Now OTA uses 1.5%, for 66 hours. Should give plenty of Mpeg4 recording :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts