HR2x / R22 Receiver Freeze / Reboot Issues (Again)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV is again experiencing freezing of receivers on 10/21.

Some users may receive a reboot signal sent to the receiver.

I just had all 3 of my receivers reboot in Michigan.

This happened a few weeks ago, you can read about it in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...rectv-hr2x-mass-lockups-overnight-10-6-a.html

We've also received a statement from DirecTV about this issue:
An issue has been reported where HR20, HR21, and HR22 model HD DVR and R22 DVR model receivers are not responding to remote or front panel commands.
We're working on it to determine the cause and resolve it. In the meantime a red button reset should fix it.

Update: DirecTV has issued a software update to all the affected receivers to version 0x0290.
You can review the notes for that release here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...-notes-hr20-hr21-hr22-r22-verison-0x0290.html

Also, we've received another statement from DirecTV (nothing new):
October 21, 2008
We experienced a temporary transmission glitch with our equipment. If your HD DVR receiver (HR20/HR21/HR22/R22) is not responding to your remote control or front panel commands, you can resolve this issue by pressing the red "Reset" button located inside the small door on the front right corner of your receiver or you can unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet and wait 60 seconds prior to plugging it back into the outlet. Please allow about 15 minutes for your receiver to complete the resetting process. Once completed, your picture will return automatically. Unfortunately, any show you may have scheduled to record earlier today will not be available on your DVR.

Please note, DIRECTV is automatically resetting your HD DVR or DVR receiver remotely throughout the evening to resolve this issue for you. You may experience a temporary interruption to your TV viewing or recording during that time.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our promise is to provide you with the best television experience, and to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting us at 800-347-3288.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine were frozen when I got home, I reset them. About 2 minutes after they rebooted and were working, I got the reboot signal....go figure

Looks like another blanket reboot of HR2X's is in progress based on a number of posts.

Both my HR20's one 600 and one 100 rebooted again. I had to reboot them earlier today because the froze

Same here. As a matter of fact, I was here earlier to see if anyone else was having an issue.

I turned on the TV this afternoon ...and nothing. I rebooted and all was fine. However, it just rebooted on it's own. I'm not even sure if it's downloaded software at this point.

Any news on this 0290?

No clue that there was even a new national release out there. Just an earlier lockup, which required an RBR, and then it does this. The DL just finished and it's rebooting again, so we'll see what happens.

The rumor was that the current CE (0x290) was going to go national soon. It could be that this code had the fix for whatever was causing the receiver lockup's that occured today and a couple weeks ago and they decided to roll it out early to fix it while they did the blanket reboot. Just my guess on what is happening.

I just checked a software download here and received 0x0254.

It is possible that 0x0290 may be in staggered rollout, but not all receivers will receive it now.
We do NOT have any confirmation from DirecTV as to when/if 0x0290 has started rollout.

Generally, receiver software is staggered over parts of the country during a few days or weeks.

I do NOT recommend trying to force-download any software, rather let your receiver do it overnight as intended.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)