HR34/HR44 Software Release 0x740

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Zip code is 46530. I believe it says "IN-South Bend/Elkhart, MI-Benton Harbor" when I enter my zip code and scan.
Missing channels are...25-2, 28-2, 46-3, 46-4, and 57-2. The one I watched most is the last one...57-2.

Thanks in advance!
OK This is what you can try Run 46530 as primary and 29201 Columbia SC as 2nd zip. This will give you 57.2. Then do 46530 and 54601 LaCrosse WI this gives you 25.2 with METV as the guide. It will be your THIS network but with the METV guide.Then run 46530 and 54401 Wausau WI this gives you 46.3 and 46.4. Then for your last channel you can choose. IF you run 46350 and 33601 Tampa FL it will give you the Live Well Network's correct guide as 28.2 Tampa is Live Well Network. I would run 46350 and 95501 Eureka Ca. This gives you the THIS Network guide as Eureka runs
THIS on 28.2. To me, the THIS guide is more advantageous than Live Well. You should be able to get all your channels with guides from the cities of the channels you obtain. This will take some time as you have to run the intial set-up over 4 times and a cycle takes 5-10 minutes. You might pick-up some other channels but it will be interesting to see what happens. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Do madison WI as your 1st zip instead of columbia sc. It will cause less problems. 53701 is Madison's zip. A little more research made this a better way to go. Sorry about the mix-up.

OK This is what you can try Run 46530 as primary and 29201 Columbia SC as 2nd zip. This will give you 57.2. Then do 46530 and 54601 LaCrosse WI this gives you 25.2 with METV as the guide. It will be your THIS network but with the METV guide.Then run 46530 and 54401 Wausau WI this gives you 46.3 and 46.4. Then for your last channel you can choose. IF you run 46350 and 33601 Tampa FL it will give you the Live Well Network's correct guide as 28.2 Tampa is Live Well Network. I would run 46350 and 95501 Eureka Ca. This gives you the THIS Network guide as Eureka runs
THIS on 28.2. To me, the THIS guide is more advantageous than Live Well. You should be able to get all your channels with guides from the cities of the channels you obtain. This will take some time as you have to run the intial set-up over 4 times and a cycle takes 5-10 minutes. You might pick-up some other channels but it will be interesting to see what happens. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Wow! Thanks a ton to both ejb1980 and coconut10 on the quick responses. I wish I would have taken time to post last night already. :)

I tried the 05401 zip. That did get me 57-2 (a PBS station instead of MeTV in the guide) and 28-2 as predicted. Also 46-3. Had to update my existing manual recordings to pick up the new channel name for 57-2. But that seems to have worked. Yay!!!

I have to call it a night, but I'll definitely try the other combinations also. I like the idea of actually seeing the guides for my OTA stations, even if the guides are not technically showing on the right channels. Previously I would just see "Regular Programming" on these stations. So an improvement for sure. When I have the results, I'll post them here. If not tomorrow night, then sometime over the holiday weekend.

Wow! Thanks a ton to both ejb1980 and coconut10 on the quick responses. I wish I would have taken time to post last night already. :)

I tried the 05401 zip. That did get me 57-2 (a PBS station instead of MeTV in the guide) and 28-2 as predicted. Also 46-3. Had to update my existing manual recordings to pick up the new channel name for 57-2. But that seems to have worked. Yay!!!

I have to call it a night, but I'll definitely try the other combinations also. I like the idea of actually seeing the guides for my OTA stations, even if the guides are not technically showing on the right channels. Previously I would just see "Regular Programming" on these stations. So an improvement for sure. When I have the results, I'll post them here. If not tomorrow night, then sometime over the holiday weekend.
The procedure I outlined was the way to try and get METV and THIS guides in your line-up although on the wrong channels. You would have to re-boot and flush the guide from the AM21 if you want to try it this way. Whatever work's for you and makes you happy is all that counts. Keep us posted on your experiments. The reason you might have to re-boot is because once you have a channel established a re intial start up won't override that channel.

Last edited:

Actually, I've done some extensive research on this matter and you might be able to get the guides and the channels to match. First, you have to clear your AM21 like you've moved. Then the 1st intial set-up use 46530 as primary and 29401 Charleston SC as your secondary zip. Then the 2nd time use 46530 and 85701 Tucson Az. The RF frequencies are the same for METV Charleston and THIS TV Tucson as your South Bend channels and should give you 57.2 with METV guide and 25.2 with THIS TV guide. The 3rd time use 46530 and 33601 Tampa FL. This should give you 28.2 Live Well Network, with the correct guide. The 4th time use 46530 and 54401 Wausau WI this will give you 46.3 and 46.4 with Wausau's ION guide for those channels. You can match-up zip codes by either channel numbers or RF frequencies and by matching the Char. and Tucson zips to the RF frequencies you should get the correct guides for those channels. If this isn't successful the other way will work, but I would try this way first to see if you can get the correct guide for your channels.

I wish I could get my affiliates to match. All of my missing channels are -3, -4, and -5, which basically limits my selection to mostly TBN, ION, and PBS affiliates. I am re-scanning everything today and going to put in the "missing" channels all as west coast channels. That way, all of my incorrect channels will be "K" channels (as opposed to my correct "W" channels) to help with confusion.

I suppose this would be a great method for adding a legit 3rd DMA, too. I am considering getting a low-VHF antenna to get a RF channel 3 PBS station from Virginia, and this method would get that channel on there. My DMA is Greensboro, NC. My SV DMA is Raleigh, NC. I also can get some Roanoke, VA channels OTA and now I could see them, too! Good find, coconut, and thanks for taking the time and effort to figure this out!

I wish I could get my affiliates to match. All of my missing channels are -3, -4, and -5, which basically limits my selection to mostly TBN, ION, and PBS affiliates. I am re-scanning everything today and going to put in the "missing" channels all as west coast channels. That way, all of my incorrect channels will be "K" channels (as opposed to my correct "W" channels) to help with confusion.

I suppose this would be a great method for adding a legit 3rd DMA, too. I am considering getting a low-VHF antenna to get a RF channel 3 PBS station from Virginia, and this method would get that channel on there. My DMA is Greensboro, NC. My SV DMA is Raleigh, NC. I also can get some Roanoke, VA channels OTA and now I could see them, too! Good find, coconut, and thanks for taking the time and effort to figure this out!
I hear what your saying. In my set-up I can match 5.3 KSTC METV to 5.3 KRGV Weslaco TX for a perfect guide match. My other stations I am able to add another channel with the guide, for instance I receive 29.3 WFTC Bounce and 29.4 WFTC Movies on WLPX Huntington WV, but I am able to program 2.2 WJBK Detroit to get Movies channel guide and program 33.3 WYTV Youngstown OH to get the Bounce guide. For 23.3 WUCW Zuus I program WATM Johnstown PA and program 24.2 WCGV Milwaukee WI for the Zuus Guide. The only channel I can't get is 5.6 KSTC THIS. No other 5.6 channel in database to match up to, or no .6 subchannel on RF45 to match up to. 23.3 WATM does put the THIS guide in my DVR, which does tell me whats on that channel, but I have to watch it on my TV tuner. I can get 25 of the 26 channels that I watch in my DVR and I can't complain about that.

Last edited:
Actually, I've done some extensive research on this matter and you might be able to get the guides and the channels to match. First, you have to clear your AM21 like you've moved. Then the 1st intial set-up use 46530 as primary and 29401 Charleston SC as your secondary zip. Then the 2nd time use 46530 and 85701 Tucson Az. The RF frequencies are the same for METV Charleston and THIS TV Tucson as your South Bend channels and should give you 57.2 with METV guide and 25.2 with THIS TV guide. The 3rd time use 46530 and 33601 Tampa FL. This should give you 28.2 Live Well Network, with the correct guide. The 4th time use 46530 and 54401 Wausau WI this will give you 46.3 and 46.4 with Wausau's ION guide for those channels. You can match-up zip codes by either channel numbers or RF frequencies and by matching the Char. and Tucson zips to the RF frequencies you should get the correct guides for those channels. If this isn't successful the other way will work, but I would try this way first to see if you can get the correct guide for your channels.

First, let me say a huge THANK YOU for doing all this research. I sincerely apologize for missing the email notification that you continued to respond. Tonight I just realized needed to reprogram my AM21 after storms and my DVR rebooting without the antenna plugged in. I came back to this post. Too late to go through all 4 cycles tonight but I will let you know the results when I am done.

I wish I could go back to 740. 744 added some pixellation and herky jerky playback to my HR44, and now Im seeing the new 797/799 is not better. The guys in the programming department need a come to jesus meeting.

First, let me say a huge THANK YOU for doing all this research. I sincerely apologize for missing the email notification that you continued to respond. Tonight I just realized needed to reprogram my AM21 after storms and my DVR rebooting without the antenna plugged in. I came back to this post. Too late to go through all 4 cycles tonight but I will let you know the results when I am done.

This worked like a charm. I love that now the guide matches the channels! Well...3 of the 5. But the last 2 are local affiliates of a Christian TV station, which would never match a guide elsewhere. Also this is an improvement to have show titles now. In the past when the auto-scanning for channels worked, I had to setup manual recordings because the guide would just show "Regular Schedule".

Thanks again for all the research! I will keep this list of zip codes handy for the future.

This worked like a charm. I love that now the guide matches the channels! Well...3 of the 5. But the last 2 are local affiliates of a Christian TV station, which would never match a guide elsewhere. Also this is an improvement to have show titles now. In the past when the auto-scanning for channels worked, I had to setup manual recordings because the guide would just show "Regular Schedule".

Thanks again for all the research! I will keep this list of zip codes handy for the future.

Yes, keep the zip codes handy. In the future after a re-boot you may need them to get some of the channels back. Sometimes after a re-boot it will only provide channels for the two zip codes stored in the machine at the time of the re-boot. You then have to go thru the same process you just went thru to get the missing channels back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)