HR34 only works with Samsung TVs???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
She was the supervisor. I was transferred to her from my original CSR. The original CSR may have just passed me to a coworker but I was under the impression that she was 2nd level of support.

She was the supervisor. I was transferred to her from my original CSR. The original CSR may have just passed me to a coworker but I was under the impression that she was 2nd level of support.

That makes it even worse! I just sent an email to Ellen Filipiak about this.

Things will get interesting once the RVU set-top boxes come out. TVs will have RVU built-in, but you can get a box to connect the TV with the HR34. Basically, the HR34 is a gateway and a whole-home server that sends content to RVU clients.

I heard back from Directv already. The Samsung models 6000, 6400, and 6420 are now rvu compliant. There are other manufacturers in the works, but none is compliant so far. There is a normal dvr charge of $7/month for the HR34. If you use an H25 for a remote television or use the rvu compliant television, there is a $6/month charge. He said the csrs should know that you don't need a Samsung if you are using an H25 on the remote television, but he said he would make sure they all get the correct information.

One thing I will never ever do is say I own a Samsung. They took me through the ringer and I would never say that I own one, even for my gain. Samsung told me that I physically impacted my television and they would not repair it although it cracked right in front of my face while I was watching it. After a 9 month ordeal and pending court precedings they relented and finally paid me for the defective television. I gave away anything with Samsung on it and will never buy one of their products.

I was a proud owner until I had my problems. No one comes close to them style and feature wise but once bitten twice shy. I buy a lot of electronics and I was about to buy a 64d8000 until I had my problems.
i ended up buying a Panasonic and then replaced the cracked television with another Panny. Off topic long enough.

I plan on waiting for CES before I get pay T.V. again. I would like to see the HR34 out in the wild before I make a decision.

I had no problem getting the HR34 online. I even saw it laying in my driveway before the installer figured out he couldn't get 103 in the location he chose for my pole mount install.:rolleyes:

I had no problem getting the HR34 online. I even saw it laying in my driveway before the installer figured out he couldn't get 103 in the location he chose for my pole mount install.:rolleyes:

Couldn't get 103 ?
Got 99 and 101 but no 103 ?
Pretty tight window he tried putting it in if thats the case, hope he moved it for you.
Very unusual to not be able to get all three.

Couldn't get 103 ?
Got 99 and 101 but no 103 ?
Pretty tight window he tried putting it in if thats the case, hope he moved it for you.
Very unusual to not be able to get all three.

Yeah he was stumped. He changed the lnbs and even left for a few hours to get different reflectors because he thought the batch he had was warped. I still say one of those 100ft tall pines was in the way... He gave up and left the pole in the ground after trying to rip it out. I called to get my money back and D insisted they send another installer out on Wednesday. So I took the time to move the pole to a different spot and bury a new run of cable to the house. He didn't want to move the pole because there was already cable buried to that spot from an ancient D setup that was there from the previous owner.

Yep....I got the same thing. I already had the unit ordered and I called back for them to correct something else on the order and the 2nd level CSR told me that the HR34 would not work on my Panasonic televisions. I had a pretty big spat with Samsung that stretched out over 9 months and it resulted in them paying me for a spontaneously cracking plasma screen. Because of this I will never buy anything with the letter S on it again. I knew the CSR was mistaken and this could not be true but I was so mad after she insisted I had to have a Samsung I canceled my order. She even tried to talk me into buying a Samsung so that I could keepp the receiver and the install would continue.

I've replied to more posts on this issue in the last week then I have on everything combined in the last 2 years.

Yony, Panayonic, Tochiba etc. sounds fun without S letter.

HR34 will work on a any hdtv just like the other h2x models. The RVU client works only samsung tv, I believe someone said 6000 series. A broadband DECA will be required and will occupy one of the 5 tuners. That's all I know for now. Oh yeah, it is heavy.

Update to this thread. I just tried to order the HR34. The CSR didn't know what it was so I said the HMC and guess what. "Do you have all Samsung TVs?". I thought this issue solved, but no. Here we are nearly a month later and they are still asking if all your TVs are Samsung LED. And get this, she didn't know what RVU was either. WAKE UP DIRECTV, YOUR CSRs NEED TRAINING!!!

I have a brand new HR34 (Sunday install) running on my Panasonic Viera Plasma (5 years old) and it looks great. I am having issues with accessing the recorded shows from my 3 H25s, but I don't think that is a TV manf. issue.

Update to this thread. I just tried to order the HR34. The CSR didn't know what it was so I said the HMC and guess what. "Do you have all Samsung TVs?". I thought this issue solved, but no. Here we are nearly a month later and they are still asking if all your TVs are Samsung LED. And get this, she didn't know what RVU was either. WAKE UP DIRECTV, YOUR CSRs NEED TRAINING!!!

I just emailed them about this problem. Let's see if they get back to me or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts