HR44 and AM21n strange problem, help !

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I'm just going to have to try to get the station to correct their info. I've spent all day on this (again) and tried many different zips and done countless double red resets and still the same problems.

I even rotated the outdoor antenna to get a stronger signal reading for 27-2 and no good. So strange it worked perfectly with my old HR34. Now I wish I had kept that HR34.

You're right Iceberg, the AM21 is screwed up !!! but when it works I'm very happy with it !

Thank you all for your advice and help, please let me know if you think of anything else that may solve this irritating problem.

Steve

I tried but I just couldn't give up. I had tried the 73101 zip coconut10 provided as primary and my zip of 32195 as secondary and still had the same problems. I reversed the zips and no good.

Then I looked up other RF27 channels and found Austin Texas had a station on RF27 and put that zip of 78701 as primary and mine of 32195 as secondary and, it works, finally !!!

I now have AntennaTV showing in the guide as WRDQ 27-2 with correct program info and receive the channel perfectly ! And strangely, 31-2 now shows in the guide as KFOR DT2 from Oklahoma city but with AntennaTV program info just like 27-2. But who cares, I now have all the OTA channels working on the AM21n.

BTW, I did not do any resets or reboots on this last attempt when adding the Austin TX zip. I hope everything stays just like it is.

Thanks very much for all your help, it got me thinking of different ways to try and resolve this and I really appreciate it,

Steve

I'm glad you got it to where you want it. Remember the process because sometimes after a reboot you will lose those secondary zip channels and have to re-do the process to get them back. I've had my AM21 for 18 months and sometimes after a software update or a reboot you have to re-do it and sometimes not. I've never figured out what's the contributing factor in that equation, and you just have to live with it.

Last edited:
Hello - Im new here, and going to try and resurrect this thread because I am in the same area of Fl, and having exactly the same problem with my new AM21n. The only difference is I am using an HR23-700. I tried all the fixes in this thread, including the one that worked for Steve_in_Fl, with no luck. No matter what I do, I cant get 27-2 to appear in the guide, even as a selectable channel, but it does appear in the channel listings in the antenna setup and signal strength is high. I even tried doing a brb/power plug reboot of the system with the AM21 disconnected, and both the first and second reset options in the setup menu, I noticed the AM21 setup (the antenna setup under satellite and antenna) never disappears from the unit either, even when disconnected. Want to try every idea to get this to work before I try a hard reset and lose my recordings.
any ideas would be appreciated, I wanted the AM21 to get the channels integrated to the DVR, but Im thinking this is more of a hassle than it was just running the antenna to the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)