HR44 and HR54 Coexist?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MH5196

Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Merced, CA
Can both an HR44 and HR54 exist on the same network? And can either receiver be used with a DirecTV 4k Ready TV?

Can both an HR44 and HR54 exist on the same network? And can either receiver be used with a DirecTV 4k Ready TV?

Yes technically, no on the account. DirecTV will only let you have one on an account. Both can be used with a DirecTV 4k Ready TV, but the HR54 would be the best choice as it future proofs the setup and ensures 4K compatablity.

:welcome to Satelliteguys MH5196!
As stated, Directv only allows one Genie per account. Get the HR54.

Yes technically, no on the account. DirecTV will only let you have one on an account. Both can be used with a DirecTV 4k Ready TV, but the HR54 would be the best choice as it future proofs the setup and ensures 4K compatablity.

Thank you! That's what I'll do.

Thank you. I'll get the HR54.
Where are you getting it from? If a third party, make sure it's an owned unit and not a leased one. You won't be able to activate a leased unit.

I'll get it from DTV.
That's the best source. Make sure you tell them you have a 4k tv and want the 4k upgrade. That gets you the HR54. Personally I wouldn't get the HS17, the other 4k Genie. It doesn't allow for using anything but clients with the main unit.

That's the best source. Make sure you tell them you have a 4k tv and want the 4k upgrade. That gets you the HR54. Personally I wouldn't get the HS17, the other 4k Genie. It doesn't allow for using anything but clients with the main unit.

Will do!

I think I've read about a few. The problem is many are new, but never activated. When you go to activate it, it comes up as leased.
As it should ....
I would be surprised to see Owned of any of the new recvr .... unless they make employees Owned ....
That said, they didn't tell me mine were owned now, when I asked, but you never know what level I was talking to at the time.

There is no way to get an owned genie.

Whatever you activate automatically becomes leased when you activate it
I guess all those posts I've seen about people getting owned Genies from Directv employees are wrong. They may become leased when activated, but that doesn't mean they aren't owned when they get them.

I guess all those posts I've seen about people getting owned Genies from Directv employees are wrong. They may become leased when activated, but that doesn't mean they aren't owned when they get them.
I would guess that there are not that many employees out there with Owned Genies ....
Being an employee is never discussed when getting new equipment, as if it doesn't matter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)