HR44 Conflicts Popping Up Lately

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
Over the last while I've noticed recording conflicts on the HR44. For whatever reason it's not using all 5 tuners it's only using 4. At first I thought it was because of the buffer I have set on all my shows but it's never been an issue before. So I then did a test and started recording 5 shows and when I hit record in the 5 show I got a message asking if I wanted to use the live tv tuner and record the 5 show. I said yes and it works fine. I hope they are not saving a tuner for live tv now.
IMG_3361.JPG

As far as I recall, you would have to be watching one of the 5 channels to record 5 different channels, theres 5 tuners total ... you can record 5 channels, but now have 5 recordings going and watch something else as well.
Is that what you were trying to do ?

No as I'd be watching a previously recorded show or something on Bell sat. I've always kept a good eye on my to do list and I'm sure I've seen 5 shows scheduled to be recorded before. I don't know why it won't record 5 shows at once if 5 are all scheduled for the same time, you'd think it would automatically use all tuners. I'm sure it used to. Hopefully my 24 doesn't start doing the same and save one tuner for live tv.

No as I'd be watching a previously recorded show or something on Bell sat. I've always kept a good eye on my to do list and I'm sure I've seen 5 shows scheduled to be recorded before. I don't know why it won't record 5 shows at once if 5 are all scheduled for the same time, you'd think it would automatically use all tuners. I'm sure it used to. Hopefully my 24 doesn't start doing the same and save one tuner for live tv.
Never would save a tuner for live TV that I have ever seen.
I tried that a long time ago when I first got mine, but not since.
I will try it tomorrow if i remember and see what happens.

Your right, if your watching something that is already recorded or something that your currently recording you should be able to record 5 different shows at the same time.

Never would save a tuner for live TV that I have ever seen.
I tried that a long time ago when I first got mine, but not since.
I will try it tomorrow if i remember and see what happens.

Your right, if your watching something that is already recorded or something that your currently recording you should be able to record 5 different shows at the same time.
I just tried with the first five channels. When I tried to go to a 6th channel, I got this:
20170114_235542.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just tried with the first five channels. When I tried to go to a 6th channel, I got this:
View attachment 123663

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!
That is what your suppose to get, your recording 5 channels and its telling you, you can watch a recorded show or one that your recording.

There is no 6th tuner so you can't go any further is what its saying.

That is what your suppose to get, your recording 5 channels and its telling you, you can watch a recorded show or one that your recording.

There is no 6th tuner so you can't go any further is what its saying.

Yes, exactly. Why does the OP only have 4 shows showing up and what is the buffer he's talking about? If there's a buffer, a tuner is being used somewhere...

I pad my timers so I don't miss anything at the end by 1 minute. It won't record five scheduled shows at once anymore as it seems to be saving the my location tuner for live tv. It will record five things at once if done manually. It's not that big of a deal with shows that repeat later on. It's network shows that don't repeat that can cause a problem. I've had to move a few over to record on the HR24.

I pad my timers so I don't miss anything at the end by 1 minute. It won't record five scheduled shows at once anymore as it seems to be saving the my location tuner for live tv. It will record five things at once if done manually. It's not that big of a deal with shows that repeat later on. It's network shows that don't repeat that can cause a problem. I've had to move a few over to record on the HR24.
And in your picture none of those shows overlap causing it to use another tuner ?
I would think if there was one that overlapped, it would show that show as well.

Wait a minute, I just looked at the photo he posted, he is recording 5 things at that time and it looks like he's asking to View Channel 7, which he cannot do because all 5 tuners are used. That's why it's asking for him to cancel a recording program.

Looks to me like he is recording four shows, watching football, and wanting to record Taboo. That would be using more tuners than he has.

it was in the "To Do List" for this upcoming Tuesday night. It did however pick up the later airing of Taboo, I don't know why it won't record the fifth show.

I think I figured it out. Somehow Teen Wolf was set to end 5 minutes later and not 1 like I normally set.
IMG_3366.JPG
IMG_3365.JPG

So in this picture you have Teen wolf Starting at 7:59 and ending at 9:05.
So yes, that looks like your issue.
I'm presuming the other shows all start at 9 and your setting them to start a minute early.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts