HR44 receiver help with tailgate setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pptpw

Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
USA
Direct TV recently upgraded me from an H-24 to an HR-44 receiver.

Previously, I used the H-24 at football tailgates connected to an extra slimline 3 dish with a multiswitch converter.

When I tried to hook up the HR-44 to the slimline 3 (no SWM) looks like the HR-44 is not compatible with multiswitch (SWM only).

So it looks like I either have to:
A) Buy another SWM dish and use the HR-44
B ) Buy another receiver that is compatible with the slimline 3/multiswitch

Any suggestions or other options? I'd prefer to stick with the slimline 3 if possible since I'm used to setting it up on the tripod. What's the best way to add a new receiver? I'm assuming I can just buy one on Craig's list rather than going thru DTV.

Thanks in advance!

replace the LNB on your dish with an SL3 SWM LNB, you will also need the power inserter. The LNB is a direct replacement. Then your HR44 will work OK.

:welcome to Satelliteguys pptpw!

Like texasbrit said, you have to use a swm lnb or swm multiswitch. The lnb is MUCH easier and cheaper. Be careful getting a receiver from anywhere other than Directv or an authorized dealer. If it's a leased unit, Directv won't let you activate it. Get the RID from the seller and ask Directv if it's leased or owned.

Thanks for the responses! I ordered an SL3-SWM LNB from solid signal. I have a power inserter (model: PI21R1-03), that should work with the new LNB right?

Yes. You can use either 21 or 29 volt model with a swm lnb. The swm switches require the 29 volt model.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts