HR44 UHF remote compatibility

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
Just got my 1st HR44 today. Are there any of the older white face type of DirecTV remotes that will work with the HR44 in UHF mode. I really hate that little peanut remote. I have 3 TV's hooked to the HR44 and I need UHF at each TV all working the 1 HR44 unit. Please tell me I am not stuck with that POS peanut remote. I am a dealer and a technician, so I will understand the technical side. I have 2 RC65RBX remotes that don't appear to work the HR44, but they will work my HR24 in UHF mode. So I am guessing it is just not UHF compatible with the HR44. Any help on this from the tech folks out here? Thanks in Advance

Mark

HR44 and RC71 run under a different RF Standard than the white remotes. Same with C41's and the RC71
Only RC71's (the peanut remote) will work in RF.

Only the RC71 will work in RF mode, all the remotes will work only in IR mode.

Well that sucks.. Seems like an oversight on DirecTV. The small remote is just to small and doesn't do everything the older whiteface does. And if I remember correctly IR and UHF can't be mixed so it's one or the other. Since my 3 TV's are in different rooms, I have to have all UHF.. So I guess I will have to use those baby remotes. I was sure hopeful that some of the older remotes would work in UHF.. Thanks for the quick answers.

The white remotes do rf and ir at the same time. You can control the Directv box in rf and your tv or a/v receiver volume in ir.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts