Hr54 4K

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can I assume that if I can view 4K content from 1102, the 104/105/106 channels will show up in the guide some time on or before April 7? The HR54/C61K combo and a reverse band LNB was installed by the Directv tech when I started service a week ago. I also subscribed to the Premiere package.

I am a little confused, will the reverse band LNB be required to view live broadcast 4K such as the Masters? Or is the Reverse Band LNB a future requirement down the road. I just had the HR54, and 2 C-61K's installed Monday night, I hope I don't need the reverse band LNB right away

I am a little confused, will the reverse band LNB be required to view live broadcast 4K such as the Masters? Or is the Reverse Band LNB a future requirement down the road. I just had the HR54, and 2 C-61K's installed Monday night, I hope I don't need the reverse band LNB right away
Future requirement. You're fine without the Reverse Band LNB for the upcomming 4K golf telecast and indefinitely thereafter.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

The official fw has not gone out but I can confirm that both rev3 and rev5 will support a minimum of 16 tuners. I say 16 because that's what I have at my house on rev5 and I have done rev3 in the field with 16. But our test equipment reads them at 21 use able tuners. Dtv just has not officially confirmed that yet. If a tech is not in the know they can figure it out for themselves by running a swm channel assignment test on the aim. And there you have it official from scott. I get leaked information from time to time and share it to share potential knowledge. But dtv doesn't always make things clear. You will get rev3 installed after apr7th just like I said but it is not required yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Future requirement. You're fine without the Reverse Band LNB for the upcomming 4K golf telecast and indefinitely thereafter.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
Not in deffinently... see the chart scott posted a page back. Revband will be needed for live programming with the EXCEPTION of "events and ppv"

Edit* at some point in the future.

The official fw has not gone out but I can confirm that both rev3 and rev5 will support a minimum of 16 tuners. I say 16 because that's what I have at my house on rev5 and I have done rev3 in the field with 16. But our test equipment reads them at 21 use able tuners. Dtv just has not officially confirmed that yet. If a tech is not in the know they can figure it out for themselves by running a swm channel assignment test on the aim. And there you have it official from scott. I get leaked information from time to time and share it to share potential knowledge. But dtv doesn't always make things clear. You will get rev3 installed after apr7th just like I said but it is not required yet.

I have one of the original reverse band LNBs (rev?) and I have 19 tuners currently running....

Yes the masters will be available without a reverse LNB, but they are saying that its required because what may be here today may be gone in a few months only available with the reverse band LNB.

Dammit still nothing on international setups. Uggh... I have to wait for the other reverse band LNB anyhow due to 110/119 ect. I hope someone can find out what the solution will be at DirecTV revolution.

Dammit still nothing on international setups. Uggh... I have to wait for the other reverse band LNB anyhow due to 110/119 ect. I hope someone can find out what the solution will be at DirecTV revolution.
I still think we're going to see the international channels move to somewhere you can receive with the SWM3 or SWM5. Technologically, integrating international with an existing SWM system is "impossible".

I still think we're going to see the international channels move to somewhere you can receive with the SWM3 or SWM5. Technologically, integrating international with an existing SWM system is "impossible".

I wish they would figure something out already as this is getting frustrating. I haven't seen anything yet that would indicate this though.

So, at what point can those of us with all the requisite requirements for Live 4K broadcasts (ie. HR54, 4K Client, and Ultimate/Premier package) begin to request upgrades to the Reverse Band LNB's?

I would assume any upgrade paperwork after 4-7 will get you what you want. Just make sure to have the rep add "note to tech: odu upgrade for reverseband 3" but in theory from what we are told they will need to install it.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts