Hr54 4K

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You missed my point, the mdu reverseband will need 4 from the kaku ports, then both flex. No room for 95, it's one or the other.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Though I also see no reason why a diplexing arrangement can't be made to connect the 950-1450 MHz converted Ku band of the international dish to one of the flexport lines from a 6 output RB legacy LNB. Lines 5 or 6 in the diagram. With the converted RB spectrum to either side (the "future" blocks in the diagram).

uploadfromtaptalk1459564701333.png

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I agree ...

Plus tell all MDU, lodging, and hospitality customers they'll have to ditch any international dishes if they want 4K?

No way ... that's unacceptable.

My thought Is they move those channels to a different Sat, when time comes that they need to.

Reactions: cinsu
Scott: thanks very much for yesterday's presentation of the "job aid" addressing the reverse band LNB launch. I was concerned there might have been a circumscribed geographic area (or areas) for its initial rollout but, based on the first line of the announcement, that happily is not the case.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Thanks Scott for the graphs and explaining everything appreciate it alot and twizt3dkitty thank you very much also appreciate it alot

You can not leave customers hanging like this. Directv is DROPPING THE BALL on this big time. So you are saying is that I have to give up my international programming in order to sub to 4k. That is not going to fly. If DirecTV can't provide a solution to receive all of its programming then you will have people cancelling. It drives me insane that this was overlooked and the attitude is that we don't care about international customers who spend big bucks on foreign programming. That is the WRONG answer and is completely unacceptable. Every customer is important, as they are why many at DirecTV get a paycheck in the first place. The moment you dispell one type of programming then who's to say HD isn't next or SD, ect. If they offer it, they need to provide a solution to get all of it.

Wouldn't the easiest solution be to mirror intl on RB? I know they've only "leaked" info on RB 4k, but this would work, too, no? Also gets out of a big dish.

Wouldn't the easiest solution be to mirror intl on RB? I know they've only "leaked" info on RB 4k, but this would work, too, no? Also gets out of a big dish.
Yes, mirroring to RB as a prelude to moving 95W, or just continuing to mirror it there, or to somewhere on the Ka band for that matter would seem to work just fine.

However, what seems sensible and fine to us and what DIRECTV engineering ultimately chooses to do for their own reasons usually unknown to us are two separate issues unfortunately.

Yes, mirroring to RB as a prelude to moving 95W, or just continuing to mirror it there, or to somewhere on the Ka band for that matter would seem to work just fine.

However, what seems sensible and fine to us and what DIRECTV engineering ultimately chooses to do for their own reasons usually unknown to us are two separate issues unfortunately.

Yep, there is a cost involved with mirroring to another slot, and mirroring to reverseband isn't a bad idea as it would get rid of the current conflict, ultimately they could do it now as we don't have that much 4k content and move them elsewhere once the SD to HD transition happens. I don't see that happening until the next generation box is launched because ATT will want everyone who has SD boxes to have upgraded equipment when they do the transition to an all HD platform. They could temporary mirror the internationals to reverse band and then move the internationals to another slot once the HD transition is complete. Until DirecTV figures out a path, any customer who upgrades to 4k and has international programming is left with the choice of one or the other. Not cool. I get the feeling that we wont see anything for a while and it's going to turn into when Dish Network said "soon" with HD RSN's. We know how that turned out 10 years later... Our luck att wont have a solution until 2020! :(

Gentlemen: please forgive what may be a naive question. I fully am upgrading my home theater, to include the purchase of a Samsung KS9500 (the system won’t be installed for at least two to three weeks). I currently own a Samsung JS8500, which is situated in an adjoining room. Will this arrangement necessitate two HR54 DVRs, paralleling the two HR24s I currently possess? If not, how will the DirecTV tech accomplish the requisite connectivity?

DIRECTV does not allow more than one Genie - so you will not get two HR54s. The HR54 can't display 4K natively. Only the C61K client or a DIRECTV ready 4K RVU TV (which your two TVs probably are) can display 4K. So - the RVU will need to be setup on each of your two TVs, and an HR54 will need to be installed on another TV in your home. Or, if you get an installer who doesn't know what he's doing (like I did) you'll get the C61K installed on your 4K TVs even though they already have 4K RVU.

I am hearing conflicting reports on international programming, one answer is one or the other for that type of setup dswm module with 6 wire lnb or the current international lnb. I also heard a Rumer that the 95 can be diplex ed onto line 5. But solutions are like 2-3 yrs away

My information that said one or the other came from a trusted source high up in the know. But I don't know much about the information regarding diplexing. Field testing is not even scheduled yet.

I am hearing conflicting reports on international programming, one answer is one or the other for that type of setup dswm module with 6 wire lnb or the current international lnb. I also heard a Rumer that the 95 can be diplex ed onto line 5. But solutions are like 2-3 yrs away

My information that said one or the other came from a trusted source high up in the know. But I don't know much about the information regarding diplexing. Field testing is not even scheduled yet.

A few questions, how would this be wired... and how would one setup in the IRD? No option is present for it.

Hence the 2yrs away part of my post... I don't really have any information worth sharing at this time. I anticipate the dswm13 switch to go residential and the DSWM30 to be released.

Thanks for the response to an earlier question and hope someone can help with the following issue, which resides at the edge of (or, better, well beyond) my limited technical knowledge.

I was about to upgrade my entire home theater, including the purchase of a Samsung KS9500 (“DirecTV-ready”) TV and Anthem A/V receiver. Then, if memory serves, I was reading posts on a DirecTV tech forum and noted a comment that an individual could not access one or more of the new linear 4k channels when passing the signal through an A/V receiver. Rather, he only could view the channel(s) with the TV directly linked to the HR54 (or perhaps his router) via – presumably – a Cat 5, 6 or 7 cable.

I subsequently spoke with a friend who both served as a cable installer and established a successful computer networking/repair business. He observed the following:
· Despite its recent release, the HR 54 incorporates years-old technology (instanced by HDMI 1.4); thus the need for an RVU TV or C61k client.
· The RVU requirement obviates passing the signal through an A/V receiver connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.
· The only way to overcome this limitation is using the C61k client, which normally would be linked to the HR54 or router with a coax cable and TV via an HDMI cable. In this case, the C61k’s HDMI out cable would be tied to the A/V receiver whose HDMI out cable, in turn, would be tied to the TV. He deemed this approach overly complex with too many points of failure.

Today I spoke with a supervisory-level tech at DirecTV. She also was dubious – albeit with considerable hesitancy – about the viability of viewing the new 4k channels while running HR54 output through an A/V receiver to a TV.

So: can someone confirm whether I will be able to see channels 104-106 via a traditional home theater arrangement or, given RVU complications, must I rely on the TV’s internal speakers or a sound bar?

Thanks very much in advance (and hope the above verges on coherence)!!

Thanks for the response to an earlier question and hope someone can help with the following issue, which resides at the edge of (or, better, well beyond) my limited technical knowledge.

I was about to upgrade my entire home theater, including the purchase of a Samsung KS9500 (“DirecTV-ready”) TV and Anthem A/V receiver. Then, if memory serves, I was reading posts on a DirecTV tech forum and noted a comment that an individual could not access one or more of the new linear 4k channels when passing the signal through an A/V receiver. Rather, he only could view the channel(s) with the TV directly linked to the HR54 (or perhaps his router) via – presumably – a Cat 5, 6 or 7 cable.

I subsequently spoke with a friend who both served as a cable installer and established a successful computer networking/repair business. He observed the following:
· Despite its recent release, the HR 54 incorporates years-old technology (instanced by HDMI 1.4); thus the need for an RVU TV or C61k client.
· The RVU requirement obviates passing the signal through an A/V receiver connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.
· The only way to overcome this limitation is using the C61k client, which normally would be linked to the HR54 or router with a coax cable and TV via an HDMI cable. In this case, the C61k’s HDMI out cable would be tied to the A/V receiver whose HDMI out cable, in turn, would be tied to the TV. He deemed this approach overly complex with too many points of failure.

Today I spoke with a supervisory-level tech at DirecTV. She also was dubious – albeit with considerable hesitancy – about the viability of viewing the new 4k channels while running HR54 output through an A/V receiver to a TV.

So: can someone confirm whether I will be able to see channels 104-106 via a traditional home theater arrangement or, given RVU complications, must I rely on the TV’s internal speakers or a sound bar?

Thanks very much in advance (and hope the above verges on coherence)!!
It will depend on if your AVR can pass-through HDMI 2.0(HDMI 2.0a not required I'm pretty sure) and HDCP 2.2

Alternatively, you can use the Optical outputs of the C61K to send 5.1 to your receiver. I don't think the touted 7.1 offering of the Direct TV 4k can be sent via optical though as this is a limitation to the bandwidth optical supports.

Lastly, your TV likely has optical out, and it would be able to transfer the Audio it is receiving from the C61K through HDMI, out of the TV via Optical to the AVR. The above C61K optical out is a better solution than this.

C61K ---HDMI---> AVR ---HDMI---> TV is your best and easiest bet, it all depends on if your AVR can handle it. :glasses

Yes, this is an AVR question. Some people are successfully passing through their AVR to a DirecTV RVU 4K ready TV.
Your "expert" is missing the point. DirecTV decided not to incorporate the 4K HDMI/decoding technology in the HR54 because it would increase the cost of the Hr54 when most users don't need it. remember most HR54 users will not be using 4K. And many of them who do will be using RVU.
l don't know if your selected AVR will work. This technology is very new, both to DirectV and to the AVR manufacturers.

Wait, I'm a little confused here;

RVU is a communications protocol which is transmitted by the MoCA coax network signal or over ethernet between the Genie and client(s). And this is capable being routed through some AVR models to a DIRECTV 4K Ready TV?

How I am doing it is HDMI out from my C61K through my AVR wich supports 4k passthrough (Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050) I get full 7.1 audio and if DirecTV offered Atmos or DTSX I would get that as well. Through my Samsung HU8550 (65 inch) I can do the same but it's through the ARC channel and I only get 5.1 because the TV doesn't support 7.1 passthrough.

How I am doing it is HDMI out from my C61K through my AVR wich supports 4k passthrough (Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050) I get full 7.1 audio and if DirecTV offered Atmos or DTSX I would get that as well. Through my Samsung HU8550 (65 inch) I can do the same but it's through the ARC channel and I only get 5.1 because the TV doesn't support 7.1 passthrough.
Yeah, I understand this setup ...

But it sounded earlier that some were speaking of an arrangement where the bidirectional RVU data traffic between the Genie and a DIRECTV 4K RVU TV is somehow being passed through an AVR connected between the two. Huh?

Yeah, I understand this setup ...

But it sounded earlier that some were speaking of an arrangement where the bidirectional RVU data traffic between the Genie and a DIRECTV 4K RVU TV is somehow being passed through an AVR connected between the two. Huh?

sorry i got confused. if you want to use an avr, you need either to use a c61, or use digital audio from the hr54 to the avr (in which case you will i assume not get dd7.1 where it is available) or use optical audio from the tv (again i assume without 7.1).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)