Hr54 4K

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As a first-time poster at this site (but a 21-year DirecTV customer), just wanted to express my appreciation to Scott and twizt3dkitty for news presented earlier and amplified today about hardware requirements/availability dates regarding 4k linear channels.

I purchased a Samsung JS8500 last year and thoroughly am enjoying 4k programming on multiple OTT services. I now am preparing to purchase a second Samsung 4k set – on this occasion, a KS9500 – as part of an overall home theater enhancement. Fortuitously, dates for the DirecTV upgrade, including the reverse band LNB, and the ability to obtain 2016 Samsung TVs essentially have coincided.

Confirmation of this fact makes me considerably more comfortable in finalizing my purchase. I will request the HR54 and reverse band LNB after April 7 and, again, want to thank you both for informing my decision.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Real chatty fellow, aren't you je4755! ;)
Even though you have been here almost nine years, since this is your first post,
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

So, at what point can those of us with all the requisite requirements for Live 4K broadcasts (ie. HR54, 4K Client, and Ultimate/Premier package) begin to request upgrades to the Reverse Band LNB's?
As twizt3dkitty says, any time after April 7th will get you the new LNB (unless you have 5LNB or international). Or you can just wait a while. I'm sure we'll know in advance when the 4K will move to reverse band. It could be months before this happens.

Real chatty fellow, aren't you je4755! ;)
Even though you have been here almost nine years, since this is your first post,
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Thanks very much for the welcome! I have posted hundreds of times at the “other site” (while characterizing satelliteguys as the “other site” at that location). I considered dbstalk to be DirecTV-centric, with satelliteguys as Dish-centric; the former offered particularly useful insights into impending HD network availability, which at that time was my focus of attention. I believe satelliteguys now forms the “go to” spot for 4k-related information, which constitutes my current interest area.

I clearly am enamored of 4k TV viewing (and will purchase a 4k gaming computer once Nvidia’s Pascal cards for desktops become available) while realizing, as I approach 70 years of age, there only will be limited number of future technological advances to which I will be exposed and consequently can enjoy early (or, at least, relatively-early) adapter status.

Dammit still nothing on international setups. Uggh... I have to wait for the other reverse band LNB anyhow due to 110/119 ect. I hope someone can find out what the solution will be at DirecTV revolution.
Don't shoot me... but I am hearing a strong rumor there will be no reverse band LNB to support international programming.

Was just sent this... Some may find it of interest. :)

Attachments

• DigitalReverseBand3LNB_Job_Aid_v7.pdf
    998.4 KB · Views: 3,475
Don't shoot me... but I am hearing a strong rumor there will be no reverse band LNB to support international programming.
But what does that mean since a specific RB LNB to receive international programming is not what's necessary, but to move it to another satellite?

So did you mean the rumor is that DIRECTV has no plans to move or mirror WD programming from 95W to the 99-103W core groups?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Last night, my C61K notified me that there was an update to download which I allowed to proceed. After the update and tuning to the 9800 4K test channel; my projector reported receiving 4K/60 instead of 4K/24. Motion in the short boxing clips on the channel was much better.

I had hoped that the update might have added 104-106 to the guide but didn't.

I dont need a reverse band LNB for international as that slot doesn't have RB capabilities. What I need is a switch that supports all orbital locations including reverse band, or they need to move international channels over to 110/119 and dump the 97 slot. Basically at this time there is no solution for any customer who has the following slots, 97, 99,101,103,110 and 119.

Basically they are disenfranchising customers who sub to international programming and get 4k.

What scott means, is that there are strong rumers that it will be receive the 95 or have access to reverseband. But not both. No solid word on anything moving.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I dont need a reverse band LNB for international as that slot doesn't have RB capabilities. What I need is a switch that supports all orbital locations including reverse band, or they need to move international channels over to 110/119 and dump the 97 slot. Basically at this time there is no solution for any customer who has the following slots, 97, 99,101,103,110 and 119.

Basically they are disenfranchising customers who sub to international programming and get 4k.
You mean 95 not 97, but this said switch does not exist and is not in development. Again, I am hearing nothing about moving anything from the 95 to another bird.

its a numbers game. there may not be enough subs to warrant moving the channels, or developing said switch/lnb

its a numbers game. there may not be enough subs to warrant moving the channels, or developing said switch/lnb
But I don't really see how DIRECTV can ignore it. For instance, they aren't going to leave the very large and profitable MDU, lodging, and hospitality markets out in the cold for Reverse Band are they?

Yet I've seen alot of those installations with the 95W dish.

Twizt3dkitty said on dbstalk.com just recently that there are strong rumors of a 6 output legacy Reverse Band LNB and new outboard digital SWiM multiswitch module for it coming for the MDU market. Won't such a multiswitch likely have a flexport (or whatever else they name it) for the 95W dish?

Therefore, this could also be it or maybe with something smaller and cheaper for the digital multiswitch for residential customers with the 95W dish that need RB?

But I don't really see how DIRECTV can ignore it. For instance, they aren't going to leave the very large and profitable MDU, lodging, and hospitality markets out in the cold for Reverse Band are they?

Yet I've seen alot of those installations with the 95W dish.

Twizt3dkitty said on dbstalk.com just recently that there are strong rumors of a 6 output legacy Reverse Band LNB and new outboard digital SWiM multiswitch module for it coming for the MDU market. Won't such a multiswitch likely have a flexport (or whatever else they name it) for the 95W dish?

Therefore, this could also be it or maybe with something smaller and cheaper for the digital multiswitch for residential customers with the 95W dish that need RB?

You missed my point, the mdu reverseband will need 4 from the kaku ports, then both flex. No room for 95, it's one or the other.

You missed my point, the mdu reverseband will need 4 from the kaku ports, then both flex. No room for 95, it's one or the other.

You can not leave customers hanging like this. Directv is DROPPING THE BALL on this big time. So you are saying is that I have to give up my international programming in order to sub to 4k. That is not going to fly. If DirecTV can't provide a solution to receive all of its programming then you will have people cancelling. It drives me insane that this was overlooked and the attitude is that we don't care about international customers who spend big bucks on foreign programming. That is the WRONG answer and is completely unacceptable. Every customer is important, as they are why many at DirecTV get a paycheck in the first place. The moment you dispell one type of programming then who's to say HD isn't next or SD, ect. If they offer it, they need to provide a solution to get all of it.

Reactions: mario315 and HoTat2
You can not leave customers hanging like this. Directv is DROPPING THE BALL on this big time. So you are saying is that I have to give up my international programming in order to sub to 4k. That is not going to fly. If DirecTV can't provide a solution to receive all of its programming then you will have people cancelling. It drives me insane that this was overlooked and the attitude is that we don't care about international customers who spend big bucks on foreign programming. That is the WRONG answer and is completely unacceptable. Every customer is important, as they are why many at DirecTV get a paycheck in the first place. The moment you dispell one type of programming then who's to say HD isn't next or SD, ect. If they offer it, they need to provide a solution to get all of it.
I gotta think that its a case of they haven't leaked any info about it yet ... they wouldn't just drop subs like that.

I gotta think that its a case of they haven't leaked any info about it yet ... they wouldn't just drop subs like that.
I agree ...

Plus tell all MDU, lodging, and hospitality customers they'll have to ditch any international dishes if they want 4K?

No way ... that's unacceptable.

Reactions: mario315
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts