Pretty Upset..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtukani

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
PA
I haven't been on here for a while, but I'm having issues with my Genie Receiver and a meh install. Anyway, I got D* Installed yesterday, and everything was working fine until Today. when I try watching TV On a Genie Client, occasionally the picture freezes and then the client restarts. I don't know what the problem is, and I checked all signal strengths, and they're all 95%+. Not to mention the installer left the client boxes hanging from the TV. All I care is that I'm able to watch what I paid for, and the 2nd day of service isn't looking too good for me. Below is a video of the issue I'm having.

Not yet, I thought maybe do some troubleshooting myself. Calls to Directv or any TV Company rather is like 1+ hours of my time.

Not yet, I thought maybe do some troubleshooting myself. Calls to Directv or any TV Company rather is like 1+ hours of my time.
Call your Installer, they usually leave a business card.

Is this on a wireless client ?
Are having any issues with your main Genie Hr44/54 ?

Call your Installer, they usually leave a business card.

Is this on a wireless client ?
Are having any issues with your main Genie Hr44/54 ?

Nope it's a regular client. No problems with main Genie

You can't force fw updates to a client they run by themselves, and the hmc will download by itself within 4hrs if not forced as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Come on. This is a new visitor to the site,.You'd be doing the OP and quite frankly the rest of the members if you'd please refrain from using initials, abbreviations and "code"....
Thank you so much.
Haha I'm not a complete newbie, but I frankly had no idea what a SW is.

SW stands for software. FW stands for firmware. A Google search will explain what each is in more detail.

Doing your own trouble shooting is a wonderful idea if you have had the equipment installed for a lengthy time, However, you just had this installed and clearly something is wrong. Do not let them get away free on this. Call DIRECTV and have them get it correct. It should not be incumbent on the user to trouble shoot or fix a new install just so he can watch TV.

Agree call Directv.
They will waste your time for the first 15 minutes with the CSR trouble-shooting, But once your past that they will send out a tech.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

SW stands for software. FW stands for firmware. A Google search will explain what each is in more detail.

Google SW and you get southwest. Another example: PI (private investigator, not power inserter.) I HATE it when people speak Millennial and jargon/code and then bash you for asking what it means because Googling it will get you many results with all the stupid #Icy Michigan garbage. BTW (common enough to use), I finally learned why people were writing Icy Michigan after things. "In Case You Missed It." But that still doesn't make sense when it's hashtagged at the end of something. XD #tbt #hashtagsarestupid. (insert 12 emojis from an i-phone and most people see boxes an hearts.)

That being said, I do realize that I have used abbreviations many times on here, but usually only with users on threads with users I recognize or clearly know the lingo.

Get off my lawn! And I am not old (mid 30s) but I ignore half the posts on this and the other site because they are filled with things that people can't spell out at least once so everyone can try to follow.

Reactions: dishcomm
My bad I thought most people new what these abbreviations were but I can spell them out from now on! I was just trying to help!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I don't think it's egregious using SW in a forum about receivers. I understand some newer people or someone not into updating and upgrading may not know all the shortcuts.

I haven't been on here for a while, but I'm having issues with my Genie Receiver and a meh install. Anyway, I got D* Installed yesterday, and everything was working fine until Today. when I try watching TV On a Genie Client, occasionally the picture freezes and then the client restarts. I don't know what the problem is, and I checked all signal strengths, and they're all 95%+. Not to mention the installer left the client boxes hanging from the TV. All I care is that I'm able to watch what I paid for, and the 2nd day of service isn't looking too good for me. Below is a video of the issue I'm having.

I suggest you call in and have another tech visit - IF your service isn't right -you have 90 days of Free service calls to get it correct . CALL THE MAN!

My bad I thought most people new what these abbreviations were but I can spell them out from now on! I was just trying to help!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I know it wasn't even me who saw your post, but I had literally just gotten frustrated with abbreviations-speak on Facebook like on 5 posts so I came on here .... and I was sympathizing with the person who didn't know the jargon. I sounded like an old geezer, but I feel like that all the time when I try to read something from Twitter, which is impossible to avoid as the news tells us what people are tweeting instead of what's going. And posts it on gigantic walls behind them. I am done old-manning tonight.

Reactions: raoul5788
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts