HR54 ethernet port

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, just to confirm, I could switch my HR54 to use the ethernet port instead of Wi-Fi? I too would prefer to reduce the number of wi-fi connections in my home.

Guess so. That was way easier than the whole broadband deca thing.

I have my HR44 connected to my modem/router combo using Ethernet. You just have to go into the Internet setup and click reset network to change to a wired connection.

the company i worked for paid us to install deca's at the same rate as a whole new receiver, and only $5 for wireless. so if the coax was going by the router, why not make some more money for a better connection anyway. i was never a fan on directly connecting a receiver to the router because if something happened to that box, the rest of the receivers would no longer have internet. only really a problem when using genie/HD boxes or just HD boxes. in a pure genie setup it didn't much matter, but you never knew when someone might swap a mini for a H25 and i didn't want to have to deal with some non-sense service call later.

FWIW using the 5g wifi with 2 bars or less almost never worked well, so if thats the case use wired or 2.3g

Your actually better off using the wireless connection. I have seen too many issues with the decca burning out and going bad.

I'm on the 6th or 7th one in the past several years.

I'm thinking if hard wiring all 6 of my Hr24's and my genie into a separate router and gigabyte switch, and using a decca for the 2 H25's and wireless clients.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts