HS17-100 (For those wondering)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a 2 person family and have 171 timers set on my Hopper3. :biggrin

(I'll admit that about 25 of them are for series that won't come back, but one could hope.)
I'm hard pressed to keep up with the timers I do have after working and eating and heading to bed, .... 171 timers, I would never be able to watch all that.

I'm hard pressed to keep up with the timers I do have after working and eating and heading to bed, .... 171 timers, I would never be able to watch all that.

Not really watching all that, but it keeps returning seasons, etc., covered with zero hassle.

They need a way of transferring timers between DVR's when you replace a DVR.

Dish keeps updated timers and settings in the remote. When you upgrade a receiver, or replace one, you just download from the remote (along with recordings downloaded from an EHD).

You keep the DISH remote in a drawer, if that is the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Exactly. I use a Harmony to operate the Hopper3. Hopper remote updates once a week, but if you are doing an upgrade, you can trigger one at the last minute.

I'll take the Hopper 3 with AT&T please. lol...
I've been thinking about this a bit more. looks like we have a couple months + before official release, so more reviews should be coming in.

I'm really hoping that a household can either get two of these sooner than later, or AT&T comes up with a upgrade version sooner than later. I'll most likely upgrade to this when available, just because it has the ability to record a few more programs if conditions are right.
OTA would have been nice, but I do have a OTA Tivo that I use, which works very well. Which also takes care of needing more recordings for the big 3 networks. Which again, it'd be nice if AT&T did it like Dish.

PiP would be nice, however I rarely use it on AT&T just because of the pain in the rear to get it going. If this had like the Hopper 3 with sports bar mode, I'd use it quite a bit.

The big question now, for me anyway, is the price. Have a few months to change my set-up near the router.. such as adding a new shelf to set the HS17 on, etc..

Well since I'm unimpressed with the HS17 and the fact that sooner rather than later I'm sure DirecTV will stop issuing HR units I think soon I'll pick up a HR54 and a few HR24's from my local dealer and keep them nib as spares.

Reactions: Jimbo
I'm not interesting the H-17 at all. Wish, I never up grade to the hr 54 and clients. Did it cause we brought a 4ktv.

Cant wait to see when availability, and pricing is on it......Works fine with my situation, and by specks. looks like there is room over time to expand on some of its internal parts.(possible few more 4k clients?)

Reactions: TermiNader
So, how did it connect to the TV ?

Basically it sounds like the whole system is client based (wireless would be the easiest from the looks of it.)

Could you not use a HR44 along with it ?

So, how did it connect to the TV ?

Basically it sounds like the whole system is client based (wireless would be the easiest from the looks of it.)

Could you not use a HR44 along with it ?

the hs17 does not connect to a tv, it only has clients
and no previous models work with it

I seriously hope they let people know that nothing else works with it when they are talking people into them.

doubtful, they still install 4 and 5 minis with a regular genie, knowing they all cant be used at one time

It sounds like DTV wants all their customers on the server/client model anyway. DTV hasn't made any new tuner based models in a long time. Its only new servers and client boxes.

So in the current server/client model you can't have all the clients on at the same time? How many can you use at the same time? Maybe in the new system they will change that so you can use them all at the same?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts