HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

digiblur- I'll bet you'll have the TP2 before I get one. First off, I see my one contract on the 6800 doesn't expire until January. Second, as much as I can dream about a newer technology phone than the 6800, I'm having trouble justifying the cost when I consider the 6800 I have now does so much so well. I know you wanted more but the really taxing stuff I want is already working fine on the 6800 ( Sling, Tom Tom GPS, tethering, Stock market portfolio tracking, multitasking, including voice command and BT 2.0 ) So I have to ask what I would get with the TP2. My list is short so far:

What I get on the TP2 Sprint over the 6800 with Verizon:
1. An analog stereo headphone jack with no adapter dongle required.
2. Internal GPS. The 6800 requires I carry the Tom Tom GPS blue tooth module.
3. 4G speeds sometime near end of 2010.
Am I missing something?

Unconfirmed advantages:
1. quicker operating speed
2. conference calling that actually works
3. Lower cost of service monthly charges.

Presently, I'm in the mode of dreaming for something to really knock my socks off in a new PDA. So, I have to check the TP2 out to see if that really earns a $349 expense.

The 6800 has an aGPS chipset in it. Not sure if Verizon unlocked in the stock ROMs though. I know they did on the TP. It's easily unlockable though from what I heard.

I don't think the TP2 has a 4G radio in it. I believe the TP and TP2 have about the same processor but I heard HTC did some magic with the memory caching making things much faster on the TP2 than the TP. But even the TP is miles ahead of the 6800 in speed and memory.

Another big plus is the screen and TP and TP2 is absolutely beautiful since the resolution is now double.

Based on what I've read, the Sprint TP2 also has a GSM SIM card / Radio for international travel.

Don't know if that makes a difference for y'all.

Based on what I've read, the Sprint TP2 also has a GSM SIM card / Radio for international travel.

Don't know if that makes a difference for y'all.

Yes it does. It does both GSM and CDMA.

When do you think they will get this phone in the Sprint stores to try out? I was in a Sprint store last night in a mall in Detroit and the salesman was pretty upset with the fact that you could only order it online at this time. He had no idea when it would be available in the stores. Said he had at least 4 people a day stopping in asking to look at the phone. He said that At&t, verizon, and another local provider in Detroit all have it and he suggested I walk over to their stores to check it out.

Just seems strange.:confused:

gasman- I got the same story here in Jacksonville at a Sprint store. Said even those ordering online were not getting immediate shipment. Said they expected them next week sometime, but that was what they told me last week.

Meanwhile Verizon is same deal, order online with no eta shipping time. Besides, my "new every two" deal isn't active until Sunday.

Finally, I cooled off again when I heard this TP2 will not work with the new 4G. In fact, they have no phones yet that work with 4G according to Sprint. If that is true, what's the point in all the announcements about having it if nobody can use it as there are no phones????

4g network is mainly for data cards afaik.

Too bad as I was thinking of tethering.

I suppose when Verizon gets around to 4G they'll have an upgrade board for my Dell. I already upgraded the card once to get the Rev A speed and it was well worth the price. I average now 1.8 Mb/s around the country with the new board. Sometimes I get 2.3 Mb/s. It makes sling box sing! :)

Got mine today .. swapping from TP1 to TP2 took less then 10min and now working fine with Sero plan.. life is good.

pro96-

How's the camera working without flash in low light?

You know I Still haven't taken any pictures... as of yet. Later on I will and post it here, right now I'm getting ready to take the Kids to see Toy Story & Toy Story 2 in 3D at 10am local time..

Ok just took this picture using the Touch Pro 2 "indoors" at my bar area.. kinda messy huh?? LOL

Pictured on the bar are:

A Brand New Pansat PM900 Motor .. (sold on craigslist today)
2 boxes from my old Sprint HTC Touch Pro (Sold today on Craigslist)

An old getto analog 19" TV mounted on a wall mount, and NFL banner purchased for Super Bowl Parties.. (hangs year round)

BTW: No flash used, bar area kinda dark been that is at the end of my long living room.

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 128
Well, I'll be getting a TP2 here from sprint on Friday. My keyboard on my TP stopped working and only works after a hard reset (soft won't do anything) and then onoly works for about 10 minutes.
TP2 ordered and replaced free of charge.

Well, I'll be getting a TP2 here from sprint on Friday. My keyboard on my TP stopped working and only works after a hard reset (soft won't do anything) and then onoly works for about 10 minutes.
TP2 ordered and replaced free of charge.

I haven't done my replacement yet... did you have to go into the store to do this or was it done on the phone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)