HTL - HD setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You will be quite pleased with the HTL-HD. True they have had a few issues as well (any electronic thing can) but there are far fewer complaints about it than the 811. And, Directv is good about getting it resolved.

Just to throw in my 2 cents.

I have my HTL-HD hooked up to a 46" Toshiba HD rear projection set. I have noticed none of the degradation on SD that others have reported. It is comparable to output from my SD Tivo through composite cables.

I also have coax output run to a TV in a bedroom that IS ACTIVE at the same time as the DVI output. The switch controls component/DVI output. I think I have tried to the composite output to see if it is active with DVI, and I think that is was active at all times as well. So to sum up, I think that coax and composite are active at all times, the switch controls the component/DVI output only. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm incorrect.

Yes the switch controls DVI and Component, the issue is i would like to use those two, and not S video, Composite, or coax.................

Jason, I sent my wife a copy of the thread and here was her response.

..toy allowance, what a great idea!!! I want a spa allowance. :yikes

Well I found a Sony HD300 open box special at my CC store. So far only have OTA working (waiting for UPS to bring my dish). Picture is great and set-up was a breeze. The Sony also has a switch to choose between DVI or Component output but the other outputs are live for SD signals. That makes sense seeing the Sony and Hughes are both built by LG. Thankx for the input folks. :rolleyes:

slacker9876 said:
Jason, I sent my wife a copy of the thread and here was her response.

..toy allowance, what a great idea!!! I want a spa allowance. :yikes

Mine told me she wants a Washer/Dryer allowance when we move.

Don't let her take your toy allowance! :D

I actually generate my own toy allowance and I don't give her much say. I play poker a couple of times a week and usually come out about 350 ahead in a week. So if the "house" needs money I cough it up, if she needs money I cough it up ... If I need money, I spend whatever I can :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts