Huge new from DISH Network!!!!!!!???

:::sigh:::

It's just more of the, "I want to believe we're really important to someone," talk. Honestly, 26,000 subs means NOTHING to Dish. Besides, not all 26,000 subs would continue with Dish anyway (I won't be). What are they going to have to offer us to want to stay? Will that cost more than just letting us all know about the deals they're already offering? If so, why bother?

Anyway, I also wouldn't bet on dish offering all of the same HD Voom has been offering. It would make NO sense for them to do so. Heck, Voom couldn't even get 30,000 subs even giving away the service for FREE!!!!

Wake up, they don't care about the HD, they care about subs. HD will NOT bring them the subs they want/need to be a profitable entity. It's unfortunate but it's a fact (as evidenced by the Voom failure).

The Rickster

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I just wanted to tell everyone I called DISH and asked about us VOOMERS and they said they wouldn't drop us. They will just add all the VOOM lineup to the DISH lineup and so we will be getting all of DISH/VOOM channels.
It sounds to me that E* hired some of the VOOM CSR's :D

Since DISH did not buy the programming or subscribers of VOOM I think that CSR spoke out of turn.

"Dish didn't buy the subscribers. There will not be 26,000 subs absorbed in to DishNetwork. In order for the subs to switch the subscribers had to be part of the sale." -Bryan27

We're not sure what all was involved for the $200 mil. That may or may not be a separate deal.

I agree that their may or may not be separate deal. First things first and in order. In the meantime VOOM is still broadcasting and also see new material.

It did say in the deal last week that Dish would be buying the sat for their use....which wouldnt include the VOOM ch's. But it would be the best of both...if we got to keep the VOOm HD ch's and add the Dish Std ch's. I really dont think that will happen though.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Now my question for the sat guys (Sean, Scott, ect) will we still need an OTA antenna or will it be beemed through DISH birds in the sky?

~Brian
IF this happens, Dish will NOT beam your HD OTA through the satellite, they will probably give you your SD locals which are now included in their basic package.

gutter said:
Again you make up facts to fit your own version of reality.
And now you turn to lying. The facts are plain and announced. The only deal made was the one announced. For a time even that deal was wishful thinking for the past few years.

But regardless of your experience in lying, er writing press releases, there are serious criminal penalties in place for misleading the public. And in this case, it would be REALLY STUPID to have a real plan for continuing V* and not SAY anything about it.

The signs are there ... in BOLD PRINT. Cablevision will no longer support Voom.

JL

Tvlman said:
"Dish didn't buy the subscribers. There will not be 26,000 subs absorbed in to DishNetwork. In order for the subs to switch the subscribers had to be part of the sale." -Bryan27

We're not sure what all was involved for the $200 mil. That may or may not be a separate deal.

An 8K was released. Whenever significant assets are sold----and your customer bas is an asset---an 8K is required. That was not part of this deal, Could it be part of a future deal? Sure. But so far it is not. Expect another 8K if and when that happens.

I think Chalie should do a survey of his existing HD customers and see if they would be willing to pay more for an enhanced HD channel Package. If Chalie has 10 Million customers and 10% of them have HD pack, and hallf of that 10% is willing to pay $10 to $20 more a month for a HD Pack+ service that has an additional 21-26 HD channels (Voom21, starz/max/UHD/TMC/encore).

That would be 500,000 HD subs x $15/month increase = $7.5 Million extra a month.

Something to think about Charlie!!!!!!!

Ncc1701 said:
Man o Man, If I could get all the Voom HD Channels, the extensive SD lineup of Dish along with a stable 942, I'll dump D* faster than you could say "compelling"
In case anyone cares, I second that.

1) You will not see anything from E* until the FCC approves the deal (3 to 6 months)

2) You can condense all 21 Voom channels to 3 channels with out all the repeats.

I hope you are right but This is proof that you can get anyone to tell you anything.

GregN said:
1) You will not see anything from E* until the FCC approves the deal (3 to 6 months)

2) You can condense all 21 Voom channels to 3 channels with out all the repeats.

This is true, the Voom HD originals are the last thing I will miss about VOOM. I will miss the HD premium channels on VaVaVoom and the outstanding SD quality(noticeably better than E*) all for a price less than E* offers.

Now my question for the sat guys (Sean, Scott, ect) will we still need an OTA antenna or will it be beemed through DISH birds in the sky?

~Brian[/QUOTE]
If this were true, I would still prefer to get OTA locally as an option. The pic quality is not compressed. I remember when I had D* and compared the OTA pic versus a dedicated national feed, the OTA pic was definitely better.

ROLLZROYCE said:
This is true, the Voom HD originals are the last thing I will miss about VOOM. I will miss the HD premium channels on VaVaVoom and the outstanding SD quality(noticeably better than E*) all for a price less than E* offers.

The last thing I will miss the retarded HBO and such channels both in SD or HD.
Voom at least provided a meaningful type of selection, a completely different approach through its originals - unfortunately most of the US has nothing to do with Fellini or Tarkovskij. Sad but true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts