This Is Huge!!!

bruce said:
I did, thats how I noticed there was no link in that thread, so until there is, I would have to think someone made it up.
Now now boo. Remember all those free D* HD recievers you told us about? Cut the guy some slack and have some faith.:D

Indy said:
I am a member of that forum so I asked bud2 who made the original post to sustantiate the information. Let you know if he does.

Bud2 replied and his source was a Voom CSR. :no

riffjim4069 said:
1 person = a single voice
30,000 people = an uproar

does voom have 30,000 subscribers? i though it was around 24,000.

best of luck for you. never had voom, but liked their idea of more hd.

mdonnelly said:
But what I think will happen is that Cablevision will try to continue VOOM as an independent programming provider (probably on a smaller scale) to cable and satellite services.

Sort of similar to what the independent providers do on IA-5 Ku. These providers sell mostly to cable and satellite services and have a few subs on the side buying directly. I don't want to speculate too much as we wait for news, but a few transponders on AMC-6 KU for national distribution of the 21 VOOM originals with feeds of Fuse, AMC, & IFC thrown in available to sat, cable, and some subs who just want VOOM only could work. The current receivers would work too. Perhaps that is part of the "transition".

I hope we hear something soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts