Is this possible

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
1)The FCC denies the sale of the satellite. Charles sells cablevision, and continues to fund voom.

2)Voom becomes a content provider providing channels to other svc providers, they have the equip they use to broadcast ifc,we, etc. to broadcast those channel. I am i mistaken in that they should be able to use those uplink facilities?

While we're speculating, could Voom and Dish use the same satellite and transponders for the same content with each company running its own subscribers?

It really doesn't make much sense that each satellite company should have their own satellites.

JimP said:
While we're speculating, could Voom and Dish use the same satellite and transponders for the same content with each company running its own subscribers?

It really doesn't make much sense that each satellite company should have their own satellites.
It would be stupid for E* to allow keeping alive a competitor

hbk409 said:
Voom becomes a content provider providing channels to other svc providers, they have the equip they use to broadcast ifc,we, etc. to broadcast those channel. I am i mistaken in that they should be able to use those uplink facilities?

can someone let me know if this is even possible.

hbk409 said:
2)Voom becomes a content provider providing channels to other svc providers, they have the equip they use to broadcast ifc,we, etc. to broadcast those channel. I am i mistaken in that they should be able to use those uplink facilities?

Sure.... They currently do it with IFC, WE and AMC. However, they may need to re-arrange the channels and provide them in an nice package or separately. This also assumes that the provider interested in those channels has the required bandwith. Out of the 21 I think they can make something like 7-8 channels with very competitive value in HD!

Sean Mota said:
Sure.... They currently do it with IFC, WE and AMC. However, they may need to re-arrange the channels and provide them in an nice package or separately. This also assumes that the provider interested in those channels has the required bandwith. Out of the 21 I think they can make something like 7-8 channels with very competitive value in HD!

so maybe it will be the voom package that they can sell to other providers, for like and $20 a month and it gives you 10hd channels, and no not just cinema 10 channels.

Walter L. said:
It would be stupid for E* to allow keeping alive a competitor
If Rainbow were to switch to a content provider, its not impossible. Just very unlikely. Dish would offer the new rainbow package for channels for only $$$. Obviously would not include any Non-cablvision controlled channels, and would not include duplicated channels.

tnsprin said:
If Rainbow were to switch to a content provider, its not impossible. Just very unlikely. Dish would offer the new rainbow package for channels for only $$$. Obviously would not include any Non-cablvision controlled channels, and would not include duplicated channels.

not just dish though, they might be the first but if voom goes to being just a content provider they could go to all cable companies+direct tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts