Huge new from DISH Network!!!!!!!???

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
I just wanted to tell everyone I called DISH and asked about us VOOMERS and they said they wouldn't drop us. They will just add all the VOOM lineup to the DISH lineup and so we will be getting all of DISH/VOOM channels. This makes me feel good because then we'll have some really good channels now. Now my question for the sat guys (Sean, Scott, ect) will we still need an OTA antenna or will it be beemed through DISH birds in the sky?

~Brian

LOL. Sounds nice but I hope you understand we can't hold your information as truth just yet :)

The post reminds me of Bagdhad Bob...The Iraqi information minster at the end of the invasion..."american's? I swear on my mother grave there are no american in this city".

Yeah yeah I will believe it when I SEE them in the EPG.

You cannot believe everything that a CSR says. Do you think they would really get that kind of information before anyone else?

This pretty much confirms what my installer told me this evening.

This also seems to make a lot of sense - for Dish to pick up an instant 26000 paying customers.

Dish didn't buy the subscribers. There will not be 26,000 subs absorbed in to DishNetwork. In order for the subs to switch the subscribers had to be part of the sale.

bryan27 said:
Dish didn't buy the subscribers. There will not be 26,000 subs absorbed in to DishNetwork. In order for the subs to switch the subscribers had to be part of the sale.

There can be many parts to the puzzle that we may have not seen. As of last week you are correct. But that was last week.

gutter said:
There can be many parts to the puzzle that we may have not seen. As of last week you are correct. But that was last week.
Right. It makes more sense to have both companies ignore that in their press releases and leave 26,000 Voom customers without a clue if there were to be a service when E* takes over the satellite. V* has done stupid things. E* has done stupid things. But really! BOTH companies simutaneously pulling off the same stupid thing of not mentioning the customers? Sheesh.

The deal announced last week WAS the deal made.
One satellite, Rainbow1, transfered to E*.
Eleven transponder licenses, 1-21 odd on 61.5, transfered to E*.
One nearly complete uplink center in SD, transfered to E*.
$200mil, transfered to Cablevision.

ALL OTHER ASSETS OF VOOM - still owned by Cablevision.
(That's their NY uplink center, their content, their unbuilt licenses, their obligations and liabilities and last and least, their customers.)

The deal is done. Pending regulatory approval E* owns Rainbow1 and the licenses and uplink center REGARDLESS of what Cablevision does with it's other assets.

One question for all the brilliant people blinded by hope:
If there was a deal to keep Voom alive why isn't it being reported?

It seems the first step in a reorganization is to say where you are going. But this isn't a reorganization. This is a liquidation and Cablevision had a willing buyer for Rainbow1 and the licenses - at a fire sale price! If Cablevision wanted to raise enough money to keep Voom in business they wouldn't be selling assets at a fraction of their value.

JL

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
all it takes is a mouth, a phone and then hands to type up what I just told you. You don't have to believe me but I'm not making it up

Boy, I want to believe (Que X-Files Music) But if you didn't speak to a CSR Whom did you speak to? If I called DishNet Whom should I ask for??

Man o Man, If I could get all the Voom HD Channels, the extensive SD lineup of Dish along with a stable 942, I'll dump D* faster than you could say "compelling"

Ncc1701 said:
Man o Man, If I could get all the Voom HD Channels, the extensive SD lineup of Dish along with a stable 942, I'll dump D* faster than you could say "compelling"

Amen to that brother! And being an *E customer right now just got a helluva lot sweeter! :D

justalurker said:
The deal is done. JL

Again you make up facts to fit your own version of reality. It may be but, you, of all people can't say it is done. It can be a very complex deal. I write PR releases for a living. you would be suprised what is not put in them and for a reason.

True, but if the subscribers were included in the purchase it would have been in the SEC filing. To add customers at this point would be breaking the contract. There is probably a reason why the customers were not included in the sale.

bryan27 said:
There is probably a reason why the customers were not included in the sale.

Couldn't agree with you more. And I think we will learn more about what that really means. Nobody is going to throw away tens of millions of dollars in subscriber value. Even now that is what VOOM represents. Cablevision can't afford not to find a way to sustain that value or convert it into cash.

How many of the Voom channels are Voom originals? There is 35-39 HD channels on Voom, how many of those are owned and operated by Voom? Not, were Voom is partnered with a Company to put the channels on Voom, but how many are owned and operated by Cablevision(Voom)?

Dish Network may not of gained you Voom customers in the deal, but they could be thinking about switching you over to Dish after Voom goes dark for free, and/or they may just allow Voom to keep their channels up and hence keep their customers. Who knows, but there is no sense in not believing what the original poster said.

Everyone has anywhere from six months to a year and a half before the deal get aproval from the FCC, so there is no sense in getting too excited or depressed. Unless you are a Voom customer hoping to see MPEG 4, 70 HD channels, the Voom DVR, and etc. you've got awhile before Voom goes dark, and who knows what is going to happen between now and then, Voom and Dish may merge, Cablevision could open up their HD original channels to everyone, Dish and DirectV included, or Dish could add other channels, who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)