Hughes HTL-HD questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Snipr4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Ok I have my HRMC-17 remote programed to control my whole system but is there a way to set it up so that once I push the SAT button that it will control the volume of my Sony receiver (which is the AUX device) & not the TV's volume ?

When I click the program INFO why does very channel give me the HD icon in blue when every channel is not in HD ?

Will the Hughes receiver do Closed Caption on mute ? or is it a TV feature ?

Another question is there a easy way to remove the PPV channels from the GUIDE ?

Thought you were doing this with the Bose remote?

The dark blue icon means it is not available, this is always there, it will be light-blue on and HD channel. Highlighted like on an computer where the are option you can and cannot choose.

The receiver does CC, go to menu, preference, DTV caption, service 1

Remove channels: Menu, Setup, surf list / ch edit

couldn't hurt to just play with it or crack open that brand spanking new manual either :)

You should get the remote recommenced by the guy in the other post if you want one. I am using the Sony RM-VL900 but I have no RF ... I bought a Yamaha instead of the Bose because of that. Well also because I wanted to be able to change speakers without changing receivers.

QUOTE=slacker9876
Thought you were doing this with the Bose remote?
Slacker, I have two surround systems one w/ Bose & one in my bedroom without Bose but with 42" Plasma

The dark blue icon means it is not available, this is always there, it will be light-blue on and HD channel. Highlighted like on an computer where the are option you can and cannot choose.
Ok cool I didn't notice that it changed

The receiver does CC, go to menu, preference, DTV caption, service 1
cool feature

Remove channels: Menu, Setup, surf list / ch edit
I thought so but its hassle I was hoping for a single check & all PPV would be gone from the guide.

couldn't hurt to just play with it or crack open that brand spanking new manual either :)
Oh the Bible ?
You should get the remote recommenced by the guy in the other post if you want one. I am using the Sony RM-VL900 but I have no RF ... I bought a Yamaha instead of the Bose because of that. Well also because I wanted to be able to change speakers without changing receivers.[/QUOTE]

Actually both of my systems are now working with one remote for everything.

How about my first question, is there a way to set up the Hughes remote so that once I push the SAT button that it will control the volume of my Sony receiver (which is the AUX device) & not the TV's volume ?

anyone . . . .

Is there a easy way to remove the PPV channels from the GUIDE ? I did the following :
Remove channels: Menu, Setup, surf list / ch edit but they are still all shown in the guide only not there while changing from channel to channel.

Ralph, the simple answer is no.

That's one bad thing I don't like about Hughes' remote. Too many buttons are forced to a certain mode.

These buttons should not be forced this way:
"menu" -- always SAT
"volume" -- always TV
"play", "rewind", "fast foward", "pause", "stop" -- always VCR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)