Hughes HTL-HD questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Snipr4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Ok I have my HRMC-17 remote programed to control my whole system but is there a way to set it up so that once I push the SAT button that it will control the volume of my Sony receiver (which is the AUX device) & not the TV's volume ?

When I click the program INFO why does very channel give me the HD icon in blue when every channel is not in HD ?

Will the Hughes receiver do Closed Caption on mute ? or is it a TV feature ?

Another question is there a easy way to remove the PPV channels from the GUIDE ?

Thought you were doing this with the Bose remote?

The dark blue icon means it is not available, this is always there, it will be light-blue on and HD channel. Highlighted like on an computer where the are option you can and cannot choose.

The receiver does CC, go to menu, preference, DTV caption, service 1

Remove channels: Menu, Setup, surf list / ch edit

couldn't hurt to just play with it or crack open that brand spanking new manual either :)

You should get the remote recommenced by the guy in the other post if you want one. I am using the Sony RM-VL900 but I have no RF ... I bought a Yamaha instead of the Bose because of that. Well also because I wanted to be able to change speakers without changing receivers.

QUOTE=slacker9876
Thought you were doing this with the Bose remote?
Slacker, I have two surround systems one w/ Bose & one in my bedroom without Bose but with 42" Plasma

The dark blue icon means it is not available, this is always there, it will be light-blue on and HD channel. Highlighted like on an computer where the are option you can and cannot choose.
Ok cool I didn't notice that it changed

The receiver does CC, go to menu, preference, DTV caption, service 1
cool feature

Remove channels: Menu, Setup, surf list / ch edit
I thought so but its hassle I was hoping for a single check & all PPV would be gone from the guide.

couldn't hurt to just play with it or crack open that brand spanking new manual either :)
Oh the Bible ?
You should get the remote recommenced by the guy in the other post if you want one. I am using the Sony RM-VL900 but I have no RF ... I bought a Yamaha instead of the Bose because of that. Well also because I wanted to be able to change speakers without changing receivers.[/QUOTE]

Actually both of my systems are now working with one remote for everything.

How about my first question, is there a way to set up the Hughes remote so that once I push the SAT button that it will control the volume of my Sony receiver (which is the AUX device) & not the TV's volume ?

anyone . . . .

Is there a easy way to remove the PPV channels from the GUIDE ? I did the following :
Remove channels: Menu, Setup, surf list / ch edit but they are still all shown in the guide only not there while changing from channel to channel.

Ralph, the simple answer is no.

That's one bad thing I don't like about Hughes' remote. Too many buttons are forced to a certain mode.

These buttons should not be forced this way:
"menu" -- always SAT
"volume" -- always TV
"play", "rewind", "fast foward", "pause", "stop" -- always VCR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts