Hughesnet 9200 Modem TX10 Error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dougvzla

Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Kentucky
I had a couple of calls for service in HN9200 systems this week. When arrived at home I found Lan, Power and Receive lights on Transmit and system lights off.
I checked System Control center and I saw the receive signal was 93 but and TX10 error and red light.

First thinking this was caused by a bad radio and before replacing it I went to the Installer registration and went all the way trough. When I got back to the computer I saw system light was off and same TX10 error on the System Control page.

Before going to the roof again I just went to the advanced page and force range the system. This was the solution for this problem.

On second call I went directly to force range the system and fix the problem in less than 10 minutes inside the customer's house.

I hope this help somebody on the field.

Ranging problems can also be ZIP code related, especially for folks who live out in the boonies. When using the ZIP code method, the lat/lon of the post office building is used. That's why I recommend (a) GPS coordinates or (b) a known good lat/lon of the dish - instead of the ZIP code.

//greg//

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)