Hughesnet Question?

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
My Father got Hughesnet installed. The installer seems to have done a good job overall. But installer did not put a "lnb cover" on and said it didn't use a "cover".
My question is : is that correct? It looks "exposed" and unprofessional with "everything" exposed. The tv commerical shows a "cover" on the "front-end".
So is there a cover available or not?

thats right, no lnb cover as shown in the promotional pics. ive had a few people gripe about it. but as long as there is dielectric and mocap, everything should be fine.

At one time the dish had a cover. That thing is a techs worst nightmare when you have to do a service call because it is always full of wasp. Hughes has not used the cover for 3 to 4 years now.

Funny, you mean this thing that came off as i was dragging the dish and parts across the yard not 10 minutes ago.

When i asked the roofers to take it off, seems they translated that to throw it off. Good thing i dont need it anymore.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 287
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 341
Funny, you mean this thing that came off as i was dragging the dish and parts across the yard not 10 minutes ago.

When i asked the roofers to take it off, seems they translated that to throw it off. Good thing i dont need it anymore.

if you still have the dish could you take a picture of the mount on the dish? looks like they used a old superdish mount.

if you still have the dish could you take a picture of the mount on the dish? looks like they used a old superdish mount.

no, if you look close, its got the wicked old rectangular straight bar struts, in addition to the gen2 shannon antenna with chinnon radio. those were out long before the superdish. the base looks like it, but everything else dates itself accordingly.

no, if you look close, its got the wicked old rectangular straight bar struts, in addition to the gen2 shannon antenna with chinnon radio. those were out long before the superdish. the base looks like it, but everything else dates itself accordingly.

Thatw as indeed a very old setup, i had it for years and the two way was an addon to the original oneway that was mounted there.

-Jonathan

At one time the dish had a cover. That thing is a techs worst nightmare when you have to do a service call because it is always full of wasp. Hughes has not used the cover for 3 to 4 years now.

Yes... yes, they were...lol. I think I posted a pic on the FTA forum 3 or 4 years ago of the big honkin nest inside of my retired Directway dish I was using for FTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)