I am JAILBROKEN! (NOW WHAT?)

Rock,

Are you thinking about venturing into the JB world? If you do decide to give it a try, remember it is easy to go back if you don't like it

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Rock,

Are you thinking about venturing into the JB world? If you do decide to give it a try, remember it is easy to go back if you don't like it

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Been burned more than once in the droid world, so pretty hesitant about it; For example, when I unrooted my old Samsung Galaxy Tab, it left enough breadcrumbs that software updates were darn near impossible to install. And while I had tether on my OG Droid, they soon managed to kill it, by VZW getting smart. :)

But with JB, I'd have to be confident that iTunes Match would work, as well as full iCloud backups/syncing. I use that all the time. If I did, I would leave the interface exactly as it is, except to add icons for brightness and wifi. I actually am someone who has come to really like the Apple ecosystem. It has an elegance that is hard, if not impossible, to match.

So I ask questions, and I contemplate. :)

The reaction of both Verizon and AT&T to detection of increased data use is to try to convince you to upgrade toa more expensive data paln. I do not know of any case where service was denied or any other harsher penalty has been imposed. Have you hear otherwise?

The reaction of both Verizon and AT&T to detection of increased data use is to try to convince you to upgrade toa more expensive data paln. I do not know of any case where service was denied or any other harsher penalty has been imposed. Have you hear otherwise?

No, but with my luck, if I were to do it, that's when they'd start detecting it on iPhones, and the one big reason for it would go away. :)

No, but with my luck, if I were to do it, that's when they'd start detecting it on iPhones, and the one big reason for it would go away. :)

They can and have detected it but the reaction to date has been the one I named. I am not clear on what you are afraid of but if you are not comfortable with jailbreaking in general or this app you should not pursue it.

I am not afraid of anything, but think informed decision-making is important.

I read up on the tethering issue, and apparently MiWi has not taken any efforts to mask the tethering from the carriers, while other tethering programs, including PDANet have been aggressive in protecting the user.

It definitely seems far less risky than rooting in Android.

Jailbreaking is much safer than rooting. Of course there are risks to everything. And it is not for everyone, my wife being one such example. There is no reason for her to JB.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

To me the central question os do you want to tweak the phone to do what you want or are you the type that admires the whole Apple experience and will always be concerned that you will be missing something in the latest OS upgrade or just fels uncomfortable about modifying he phone on their own.

My first hunch is to blame Motorola. They seem to break so many different things on Android... Seem to want things "their" way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

My first hunch is to blame Motorola. They seem to break so many different things on Android... Seem to want things "their" way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Its irrelevant now, but it spoiled the taste of it for me. That and a DX that just was never very reliable when you needed it to be.

rockymtnhigh said:

Tethering isn't detectable. No matter what device is using it, it still just shows up as data use. I have tethered a PC, my iPad, and a Kindel in the same hour. Checked my data use online, and all it showed was Data. People get caught or questioned when all the sudden their data use sky rockets.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

digiblur said:
I would say the other way around.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

Not even close. Bricking has occurred much more frequently on Android devices. In fact, it is pretty much non existent on iDevices.

Not even close. Bricking has occurred much more frequently on Android devices. In fact, it is pretty much non existent on iDevices.

It is not very common to brick from just rooting the device. Most people think they have bricked their phone when they are just stuck in a boot loop and have to boot into recovery mode to resolve the issue.

OH NO VERIZON! New shared plans announced

Need new phone with storage ... suggestions ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)